The 14.6" Surface Book, when can I have it?

DKD116

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
We've heard rumors since last year it would be late 2013, but in Microsoft's Surface Pro 2 presentation today, they're convincing us that it's the best laptop/tablet replacement for every professional. Wouldn't the larger 14.6" with better specs be better for most professionals? Or maybe they'll push the larger size toward design professionals. Either way, the 10.6" size is known to cause strain on the eyes after a while. It's a good portable everyday option, but to really work for a long time, use the 3 sections of multitasking, and enjoy the upgraded screen specs, 4" more would make a huge difference.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The problem with having a Surface tablet that big is that it is too big! lol It is fine for a laptop, but it is not realistic for tablet type use. If you want something that big, something like the 13in Yoga would be a lot better choice.

BTW, you could always hook a Surface up to a monitor at home for a bigger screen.

DKD116

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Have you ever seen the Dell XPS 18? It's an 18" tablet, I had one for about a month, used it everyday and returned it, but wow was it fun. It was just a little too big, little too heavy, and a little too hot playing certain games. My friend has a Surface and he thinks its too small. He loved playing around on the XPS 18, and we thought, "Why isn't there a great tablet in the middle of these sizes?" You say a bigger size wouldn't be good for tablet type use, does that mean just playing around on it like an Ipad? If so, that's what the Surface 2 is for, but for real productivity, plus the option to play around, I would want full laptop specs, including the screen size. Games were much more fun on the 18", the split screen multitasking was easier to see, words were easier to read, typing was a breeze, small buttons on the desktop were easy to press (unlike the small Surface), and it was portable. Larger, full powered tablets are on the way, I'm just tired of waiting since last year!

BTW I know about connecting a PC to an HDTV, I've done it the past two years. The problem is I don't want to have to sit in the same spot every time I want to see a bigger screen, as well as loose the lap-touch ability.

DKD116

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Well two years later and its here! An inch smaller than I thought back then, but they nailed it.

It's funny two years ago I said, "In Microsoft's Surface Pro 2 presentation today, they're convincing us that it's the best laptop/tablet replacement for every professional. Wouldn't the larger 14.6" Surface with better specs be best for most professionals? Or maybe they'll push the larger size toward design professionals." "Larger, full powered tablets are on the way, I'm just tired of waiting since last year!"

It's like they finally understand me haha.

CygnusOrion

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Maybe next year we'll get a 15" Surface Book that's an honest laptop(no tablet) that can really go toe-to-toe with the 15" Macbook Pro.

Eric Macalik

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
A 15" Surface Book that could rival the MBP 15" (with a true quad core I7, mind you) would make me switch from my current 2015 MBP in a heartbeat.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
A 15" Surface Book that could rival the MBP 15" (with a true quad core I7, mind you) would make me switch from my current 2015 MBP in a heartbeat.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
I agree. Let's hope Microsoft acknowledges that there's a market for this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss