Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
382.gif

Official Facebook app for Windows 8.1 now available | The Verge

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
meh. I installed it, kicked the tires a bit, then uninstalled it. I'm happy with the bookmark/shortcut on the start menu that launches the full facebook in Metro IE.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
At least it's official, unlike the Facebook app for WP.

I would prefer Microsofts version? Why does everybody think official is better? Rudy's apps are better than the official. Microsoft's Facebook App for WP is better than Facebook's Facebook app for Windows 8. Being official means nothing in my eyes.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I would prefer Microsofts version? Why does everybody think official is better? Rudy's apps are better than the official. Microsoft's Facebook App for WP is better than Facebook's Facebook app for Windows 8. Being official means nothing in my eyes.

I don't know if it's because Microsoft and other developers don't have access to all the APIs necessary, but Microsoft's Facebook app is missing features that iOS & Android have. For one thing, all the blocked feeds show up anyway. That's the biggest annoyance to me. I don't need to see that a friend finished training her Mandarin Duck in FarmVille 2. Until recently you couldn't even upload multiple photos or tag people or share status'. Chat is hit or miss.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
This app is lacking... I still have to use my browser. In some ways, the People app is better in presentation too.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The Facebook app for windows phone doesn't let me mention some of my friends in comments and when I go to all friends list im missing friends even tho they are friends with me is this the same on the 8.1 app

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I have some issues with it:

1. It worked fine initially, but I only see what's on the screen can't scroll down to see anything anymore.
2. I have a 1440p display and the news feed doesn't fit to screen so there's a lot of wasted space even with DPI scaling, etc.

hovesteve

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
My live tile has just reverted back to the Facebook logo and stayed like that. Tried unpinning it and pinning it back but no joy. Any ideas?

fishhead_soup

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Trying to wrap my head around this... admittedly I don't use FB a lot, a quick comment here and there mostly showing off while on vacation. Why is there a need for a dedicated FB app on a tablet/laptop or even desktop for that matter?

Am I missing something, out of touch, fear missing out on -- well nothing?!?!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The People app is great, I prefer its presentation. However, you can't post photos in a Page or Group. The Facebook app allows you to do that but still with limitations and I still have to use web for bulk upload to albums, settings, management, etc.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes