Hello All,

I need help choosing my next tablet, and would like to hear the opinions of the community.
    Choices:

Nokia Lumia 2520
    My Pros:
    Looks great
    Go with Lumia
    Like keyboard power cover
    Great Screen
    Wow factor
    RT: faster, better battery, with Desktop office apps, I have a alienware x51 for a desktop so full blown 8.1 isn't as much of an issue

Cons:
    Cost
    RT: would be nice to run iTunes on a tablet

Dell Venue 8 Pro
    My Pros:
    Cost
    full windows 8.1 for iTunes (only desktop app I would really use on a tablet)

My Cons:
    Not sure how good bay-trail processors are
    screen
    windows button placement

Asus T100
    My Pros:
    cost
    comes with keyboard
    full windows 8.1 for iTunes

My Cons:
    Screen
    bay trail ??

Those 3 are the contesters, any advice on which I should buy? theres more pros and cons for all but that was a quick over view
    11-21-2013 02:58 PM
    Tricky to decide isn't it, I don't own any of them, but I like what I've seen/read about all three. I think it's worth making your mind up on whether having iTunes (so the Full Windows 8.1) is a major factor or not. If it is, then as you know, the 2520 wouldn't be suitable. Also bear in mind (you probably know anyway), but the Dell Venue 8 Pro is only an 8" screen, whereas the others are 10". There is the Dell Venue 11 Pro which has the bigger screen if you liked the look of the Dell but wanted a bigger screen.

If you are looking at using a keyboard regularly, I'd say go with the 2520 or T100. I believe there will be a keyboard accessory with the Dell, but if you intend to do quite a bit in Word or OneNote for example a 10" screen is going to be a better choice for you. The T100 is fantastic for it's price. The new Bay Trail processors are meant to be a big improvement and as long as you are not wanting to do heavy work such as Photoshop, Video editing and play the big games, it will be fine. Another thing to consider is whether you want mobile internet access. If so, the 2520 is built for that as it supports LTE, but LTE will always come at a cost.

I may have just added to the confusion with the above ;) It's really hard for me to pick one for you though, but you're not going to go far wrong with any of them. It might be worth waiting until all the devices are available in store and then trying them out to see which one feels the best.
    tcedwards likes this.
    11-21-2013 04:23 PM
    Looked into the Dell Venue 11, its awesome. Perfect for school/work. Stylus support, good screen, 3 different attachments for however you would like to use them. Man, its not a beauty but that's a good deal. Remove the Venue 8, add in Venue 11 to my list. I've decided I want a good screen so its between the 2520 or the Venue 11. That stylus might win it for me, I am a college student and would use it for notes, if its good enough, gonna look that up first. Seems to be no reviews on the Venue 11 though?
    11-22-2013 01:33 AM
    Does the 2520 have the sensitive screen like other Lumias? Might make stylus possible. I know it wont be a "smart stylus" but with a sensitive enough screen....
    11-22-2013 01:35 AM
    oops sorry for all the bumps, but just realized that my hand would touch the screen and that would throw off the note taking, guess that's what stylus support is. Never thought about a stylus until I looked at the Venue 11, whole other factor now
    11-22-2013 01:36 AM
    I think you should first decide if you want RT or full windows and go from there. After that, if you decide for RT, if you need GPS, 4g internet etc get the Nokia. If you need productivity and 200Gb skydive go with the surface (the SkyDrive is one of the best reasons to buy a surface imo). In my case I have the surface pro for the stylus/OneNote but if at some point they make an RT tablet with a good stylus I'd be the first in line.
    tcedwards and dznk like this.
    11-22-2013 01:51 AM
    Whoa 200gbs of skydrive?? ok more thinking
    11-22-2013 02:24 AM
    The Nokia tablet is replaced with the hp Omnia 10 in my list to I counted out the dell venue because of its lack of a full USB port. The hp omni 10 has a front and back camera but the ausus has the keyboard I think ultimately the ausus will be what I go with

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    11-26-2013 06:45 PM