The Lenovo Yoga 11S with Intel Core i5-4210Y Haswell

shaskell724

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! I'm sorry if my question is weird or something. So I've been waiting for the 11s to come out with the new haswell. I'm wondering how the 11s compares to the MacBook air- the $1000 one. Does the 11s compare in regards to specs? I know they both have haswell and 4gb of ram I believe. thanks!

I would use this laptop for school work, putting photos on the laptop, and just the usual web browsing. Thank you so much for your help!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone! I'm sorry if my question is weird or something. So I've been waiting for the 11s to come out with the new haswell. I'm wondering how the 11s compares to the MacBook air- the $1000 one. Does the 11s compare in regards to specs? I know they both have haswell and 4gb of ram I believe. thanks!

I would use this laptop for school work, putting photos on the laptop, and just the usual web browsing. Thank you so much for your help!

The 11S is out with Haswell. Came out some time in November, quietly. Last I checked it was not on lenovo.com, though. I picked mine up at Best Buy the week before November - the only place that I've found the 11S with the i5 Haswell.

Sorry, but I can't give you a comparison to the Apple. I'm allergic to certain fruits. :wink:

bitek

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I bought Yoga 11s with 4210y open box for 825can (mine comes with 8gb of Ram) I love this laptop. The best laptop i ever owned. I wanted to get 13.3 model but after consideration I bought this one. As somebody mentioned already 13.3 is just way too big in tablet mode. I actually do not mind this smaller screen at all. I thought i would have hard time adjusting from 13.3 but this is not the case. Performance is great. The laptop runs cool all the time. It is ultra quiet and battery life is respectable. I get about 6 - 7 hrs on single charge. I find myself using tent mode a lot when watching movies. Resolution is fine. It is exactly the same as on my previous laptop asus ul30a but the screen looks sharper on lenovo because it is smaller. Speakers are surprisingly loud and they produce nice ambient sound. Finally the keyboard. The keyboard is ultra fantastic. It is such a joy to own this laptop!

The only complaint I have so far is with wifi adapter which is not dual band. I do get good reception on wifi network but i find issues when I want to use bluetooth mouse. I believe both use the same frequency and this affects mouse performance. I will verify that once I get a different mouse. The one that I use with this laptop now is by Microsoft called sculpt touch

Last edited:

bitek

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

Macbooks air has way better battery life but lenovo can be used as tablet. I think lenovo is more versatile and it is windows not mac os.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I actually prefer the lower resolution on the 11S, because everything is larger which is important if you use touch. I noticed on the Yoga Pro 2 that the start button and tiles were actually smaller due to the higher resolution (I think many noticed the same thing when Surface RT and Pro were released).

It's up to personal preference and if you are primarily using it as a laptop then I would definitely want higher res. But I'm able to get around in desktop mode using touch and I'm sure I would make a lot more mistakes if it was 1080p.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I actually prefer the lower resolution on the 11S, because everything is larger which is important if you use touch. I noticed on the Yoga Pro 2 that the start button and tiles were actually smaller due to the higher resolution (I think many noticed the same thing when Surface RT and Pro were released).

It's up to personal preference and if you are primarily using it as a laptop then I would definitely want higher res. But I'm able to get around in desktop mode using touch and I'm sure I would make a lot more mistakes if it was 1080p.
That's a very good point that I hadn't considered.

bitek

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
After owning yoga 11s for 4 months I can say that this is one great little laptop. One thing that I strongly dislike is that wifi adapter is single band and i have issues with bluetooth mouse. Other than that no other complaints. Keyboard is great and this laptop is fast.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Frankie Malekian

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I can also say that after having it for about 5 months, I'm also very happy with my purchase. Can't say I've run into any issues worth complaining about. A lot of people warned me about the display, which has been nothing but beautiful to me, and the hinges, which area also working like they are brand new.

sara73

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Is there a big difference - other than battery life - between the Yoga 11 2 (with Pentium N3520) and the 11s with the Haswell 4210? I mostly use Word, Outlook, Excel, and web browsing, including sometimes watching streaming video. Is there a better wireless card on the 11s 4210? Battery life is not really an issue for me, but I wonder if it would be worth the extra $250-$300 to get the 11s. I have 2 more days to return the one I have. Are there other differences between the 2 models that might be worth the price difference?

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I was originally looking to get a Surface Pro 2 as my new laptop, but the price proved way too much for me-- this seems like the closest thing I can get spec-wise while also paying a lot less. One question, though-- would the Yoga be okay for low-intensity Steam gaming? I'm intentionally going for a mid-range, i5 device since I do most of my major gaming on consoles, but I wanna be able to access some older games (stuff like Metro 2033, Fallout 3/New Vegas, BioShock 1, etc) via Steam, along with a lot of the crap that ends up on sale. I was assured that the Pro 2 could handle that, but could the Yoga do the same?

bitek

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I was originally looking to get a Surface Pro 2 as my new laptop, but the price proved way too much for me-- this seems like the closest thing I can get spec-wise while also paying a lot less. One question, though-- would the Yoga be okay for low-intensity Steam gaming? I'm intentionally going for a mid-range, i5 device since I do most of my major gaming on consoles, but I wanna be able to access some older games (stuff like Metro 2033, Fallout 3/New Vegas, BioShock 1, etc) via Steam, along with a lot of the crap that ends up on sale. I was assured that the Pro 2 could handle that, but could the Yoga do the same?

Surface Pro 2 is no more powerful than Yoga so if you know that surface 2 pro can do the light gaming then so can yoga

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Jad Meouchy

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Just got one of these with the haswell and it is great.. with one exception: I didn't like the clicky touchpad. So I added new mouse buttons just below the touchpad.

Here's a picture of the final product:
final-product.jpg

I did a full writeup on my blog if anyone is interested

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos