CNET email said "These 6 tablets are the best right now", LOL not one Windows tablet mentioned.
    Apple iPad Mini with Retina Display - Top holiday tablet picks - CNET Reviews

Someone mentioned in comments that Apple uses a black-list of media. Interesting read.
    How Apple's 'Blacklist' Manipulates the Press | Cult of Mac

Is that why CNET reviews rarely mention windows tablets/phones? When they do, the info is often out dated and even wrong.

11-26-2013 10:01 PM
    I'm surprised they included the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, since it is so much more expensive than the others.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    11-26-2013 10:56 PM
    Nook.... Really?!
    11-27-2013 12:47 AM
    I won't give them a page view.
    11-27-2013 01:25 AM
    FWIW, they rated the Surface Pro 2 the "best productivity tablet"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    11-27-2013 04:07 AM
    Someone mentioned in comments that Apple uses a black-list of media. Interesting read.
    How Apple's 'Blacklist' Manipulates the Press | Cult of Mac

Is that why CNET reviews rarely mention windows tablets/phones? When they do, the info is often out dated and even wrong.

I think this piece needs to get more publicity. It makes a lot of sense as to why most tech sites kiss Apple's *** so much. However, I've been seeing reaction to that piece here and there and most Apple fans are quite upset and trying to sweep it under a rug.
    11-27-2013 10:46 AM
    I won't give them a page view.
    Ditto.

FWIW, they rated the Surface Pro 2 the "best productivity tablet"
    But the best productivity tablet must not be good enough to be one of the best tablets... DOH!
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    11-27-2013 02:17 PM
    They have the iPad Mini, iPad Air, Nexus 7, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HDX 7, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, and Nook HD+. I don't really think it's a bad list. Though I really think both iPads and both Fire HDX tablets should lumped together since it's mostly just a screen size difference.

iPads get the top billing because of the iOS app ecosystem. It's still the best and for most people it's the apps that matter.

Nexus 7 is the best 7 inch tablet.

I'd swap the Fire HDX 7 and 8.9. I'd put the 7 inch in 4th spot because Amazon is charging a $150 premium for just a larger screen. Amazon has a great ecosystem of apps and content.

I'm not a Samsung fan (hate Touchwiz), but the Note 10.1 has a nice pen and digitizer that make it worthy of the list.

And the Nook HD+ is still a great deal, getting a 9 inch tablet with full HD screen for only $150. It's held back quite a bit by the TI OMAP4, but it has Google Play and a micro SD slot.

It's hard to bump any of these out of the top 6 for a Windows tablet. I think I might put the Dell Venue 8 Pro at number 7. If the digitizer was better and/or it had an HDMI port I could bump it into the top 6.

Surface Pro 2 is nice, but it's expensive and bulky, so it's hard to put it near that top 6.
    11-29-2013 11:21 PM