Best tablet for word.

keegh

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

In the coming months I may be looking for a new tablet, currently have an android Asus t300 and like it to an extent .

My problems recently are more from my actual computer, I've needed full access to word for alot of writing recently and my laptop does not have it( don't feel like buying it, and my laptop is a Asus gaming so its not exactly the best portable device)

I plan on buying a Microsoft tablet that has the best word and attachable keyboard/stand.

Any suggestions? I don't plan on buying it until mid January so it can be something soon to be released.

Thanks in advance

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft Surface RT or the Surface 2. I have the RT and do a lot of document editing and writing. Get a mouse as well.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Microsoft Surface RT or the Surface 2. I have the RT and do a lot of document editing and writing. Get a mouse as well.
I agree with the recommendation, including the mouse, with the only caveat... the OP needs to understand how they use MS Word and if Word RT supports those functions. I know for Excel RT VBA macros are not supported... that's a deal-breaker for those who need it. Although I'm not aware of similar limitations of Word RT, I think it is important to investigate it. Short of that, the Surface RT/2 would make a terrific solution.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Surface 2 does a great job for this, and the Type Cover 2 is a fine keyboard. And the new Arc Touch Mouse for Surface uses Bluetooth low power so that it doesn't drain as much battery and saves you the use of your USB port.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Screen size should also be a consideration. Formatting a document is easier when viewing the entire body. This is where the 4:3 aspect ratio pays dividends.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb