Windows Tablet Around $500??

Aldwin1999

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey there!

I am looking for a new tablet err laptop hybrid? And I need help choosing. I was looking at the Android/Laptop Tablets and the thought of not having live tiles or windows 8 in a tablet just kills me lol. Im not looking for the usual widgets or the normal app layout as you can see.

I want something that will last me atleast 8+ Hours of use. I am big photographer enthusiast and I want a tablet that could run Lightroom 5 in occasional times (On the go edits). With that having pen support and keyboard cover would be nice. An 8 inch or 10 inch screen size doesn't matter for me I want something that will do the job.

At first I was looking at the Surface 2 and I noticed for the price I could sacrifice the sexy metal body (I try) for a full Windows 8 Tablet, if not Ill just go for the surface

My choices are :

Asus T100
Surface Pro ( Original )
ThinkPad Tablet 2
Latitude 10
Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 10

I hope you can help me & Other tablets welcome :p Have a good holiday & Merry Christmas

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend the original Surface Pro. I have one (bought in Feb 2013) and it has been a champ to me (I run Adobe Creative Cloud). All round specs are good (Core i5, 4GB RAM) and includes an active digitizer pen should you ever require a solid note-taking and sketching/annotation machine. It is on the pricier side and it does not have 8+ hours of battery life, but in of itself I find it to be one of the best Windows 8.x machines you can get, especially at the current price point.

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The original Surface is a very good choice but will never give you the 8hours of work you want. Based on my review reading I'd say you need the T100, maybe someone that has that tablet can comment on specifics.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend the HP Envy x2, I've been very happy with mine. It is full Windows 8 (8.1 now after the upgrade) 2GB of RAM and outstanding battery life.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I voted for the Surface Pro as well because my real choice wasn't listed. I have the Dell Venue 8 Pro and wish every day I had gotten the Venue 11 Pro. The larger screen would have been better for me in the long run.

Don't get me wrong, if I could find a Surface Pro with type cover for under $500, I would have great difficulty turning it down.

Aldwin1999

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The Asus t100 64gb version is what I'm looking to get, if I get to get a higher priced item I'll choose the surface pro original. What do you guys choose the dell 11 pro or surface pro?

Last edited:

Christopher Senn

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I dont know ive seen benchmarks of how the surface pro vs the t100. Surface pro lost like in all of them.
T100 comes with a keyboard and long battery life and you can maybe get it for $300 if you shop around.
Im waiting on Acer version to see if they can fix the dull screen.

Aldwin1999

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I dont know ive seen benchmarks of how the surface pro vs the t100. Surface pro lost like in all of them.
T100 comes with a keyboard and long battery life and you can maybe get it for $300 if you shop around.
Im waiting on Acer version to see if they can fix the dull screen.

The t100 lost because the processor of the pro is an i5 64 bit x86 ivy bridge CPU. The t100 has an atom processor that is about the same as the tegra 4 and snapsragon 800 and having the 4gb of ram helps and the ssd is just to fast lol. I wish they release a surface like the Surface 2 rt but with 3gb of ram, 32 bit windows 8.1 and for $500

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon