Should I wait till 2014 for bargain tablets?

Christopher Senn

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Im looking for a bargain tablet. It will be my first Win 8 machine. I do not support RT at all.
I messed with Dell Venue 8 pro. Amazing machine. But I need a bigger screen, not a fun toy.

So looked at the nicely priced ASUS T100 (which bargains constantly fluctuate) or the Dell Venue 11 pro (bit awkward high price).

But then i read the 2014 Bay Trail models will support 64bit OS. Im not sure if that will apply to me since I dont want to go over the $500 mark and Im not sure if the 64bit versions means they will have a higher price tag, or if they will remain relatively the same as current 32bit versions.

Not to mention Acer (love that company) is a direct competitor of ASUS, and they will launch their new devices in 2014 and I think they will out due the T100.
Anyone have any high hopes for changes in low price tablets in 2014?
Or should I just grab the T100 or Venue11 first chance i see for a bargain

Christopher Senn

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
well smart *** mean should i wait about another 2-4 months. 2014 release Can be like Q1/Q2. Not Jan 1.
Plus if i wait i may miss out on after christmas sales

Basic idea of this post....will Q1 2014 yield bargain 64 bit tablets?

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Im looking for a bargain tablet. It will be my first Win 8 machine. I do not support RT at all.
I messed with Dell Venue 8 pro. Amazing machine. But I need a bigger screen, not a fun toy.

So looked at the nicely priced ASUS T100 (which bargains constantly fluctuate) or the Dell Venue 11 pro (bit awkward high price).

But then i read the 2014 Bay Trail models will support 64bit OS. Im not sure if that will apply to me since I dont want to go over the $500 mark and Im not sure if the 64bit versions means they will have a higher price tag, or if they will remain relatively the same as current 32bit versions.

Not to mention Acer (love that company) is a direct competitor of ASUS, and they will launch their new devices in 2014 and I think they will out due the T100.
Anyone have any high hopes for changes in low price tablets in 2014?
Or should I just grab the T100 or Venue11 first chance i see for a bargain
Definitely wait.

If you're not settled with the current full Win 8 tablets, then you'll only regret buying one of the current ones when the new ones are announced and released in the next 3-4 months.

Christopher Senn

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
seems intel is releasing something new every 4 months that is a game changer and is making me wait.
But ya i want to see what the 64bit versions will cost and want to see if Acer does a 10inch model

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb