Syncing IE11 Favorites between Windows RT and Desktop

simontl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have two PCs running Windows 8.1 and IE11 and a Surface 2. I have set them all to use Skydrive to sync Favorites. They all appear in the various IE11s but those added on the desktop lose the URL parameter when they arrive on the Surface. Favorites added on the Surface appear correctly on the PCs.

Having an even closer look I see that on the Surface the shortcuts added on a PC have the attribute 'Hidden' checked. Any ideas how I can unset them?

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

simontl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
As I have found the problem, I will share the solution in case anyone else gets it...

Despite the Favorites folder being set to "Make Available Offline", shortcut folders inside it (as seen on the Surface) are not. So it is this parameter which is not being synced properly. Changing it for each sub-folder on the Surface, makes the Favorites work.

davejones2

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
In case this helps - I had the same problem with favourites I had set up in a skydrive folder not appearing in IE11 on my surface.

What I found was that setting this folder to "make available offline" in explorer on the desktop did not make the subfolders offline also.

Using the modern skydrive app does include the subfolders however, and doing this solved the problem for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99