8" Windows Tablets heating up.

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lenovo has just announced the ThinkPad 8. An 8.3" Windows tablet with full HD resolution 1920 X 1080 along with the superior Z3770 processor and 128GBs of storage. They also are throwing in an actual flash for the 8MP camera. It's scheduled for release in the next month and will have a 4G option. Although priced a little higher at $399 it looks like I will be upgrading faster than I thought.

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It looks great to me. I'm not looking to draw art on an 8" tablet so my Bamboo will do the trick for me. The only place the others have to go to top this now is the Haswell. That I would really like to see.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for 4GB of RAM in W8.1 (x64) tablets, but there is some good tablets like the Dell Venue 8 Pro and the Asus T100.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting for 4GB of RAM in W8.1 (x64) tablets, but there is some good tablets like the Dell Venue 8 Pro and the Asus T100.
If I had to wait it'd be for an 8 inch tablet with Wacom, 1080p (or higher) resolution display, Core i3 CPU, 4GB of RAM, 128GB SSD, a USB 3.0 slot, HDMI out and Qi wireless charging. I'd pay the premium.

Insti Gator

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Awesome little device! I love all the new 8" Windows tablet offerings and they're finally at an acceptable price point! Very much unlike when they were first introduced.

If I had to wait it'd be for an 8 inch tablet with Wacom, 1080p (or higher) resolution display, Core i3 CPU, 4GB of RAM, 128GB SSD, a USB 3.0 slot, HDMI out and Qi wireless charging. I'd pay the premium.

Core i3 on an 8inch? And over 1080p display? You want to video edit on a tiny touch screen? How could you make use of all that hardware on such a small device? Especially without mentioning docking capabilities...

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Core i3 on an 8inch? And over 1080p display? You want to video edit on a tiny touch screen? How could you make use of all that hardware on such a small device? Especially without mentioning docking capabilities...
In most cases I wouldn't need all that power on such a small device, but there will be times where I'll want to install a relatively more demanding video game or application. It might be out of boredom or desperation, but I'd much rather just ensure (and pay) for having that power, even if it meant overpowering the unit.

But that's just me.

I think the market will be better off seeing an entry level ($499) 10 inch Surface with Core i3 and Wacom, in one. It'd make sense for students and it would be a good way to fulfill the market created by discounted 1st gen Surface Pros moving forward.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
If they are releasing 64-bit processors better make 4GB the default with higher options otherwise this is like a marketing gimmick like apple 64bit processor with only 1GB ram.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)