best laptop or tablet for college?

Saad Azhar

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I live in Pakistan and some of the high end products do not make it to our market. I am a high school student and would be getting into college in 6 months. Just wanted to know which laptop or tablet can I buy without breaking my bank and I want to run visual studio because of my engineering program so RT is not an option. I am a gamer. I want battery life ,low price, credible manufacturer. I was thinking about surface pro 2 128 gb ( just wanted to know if MSFT ships to Pakistan for free?).
Thank you all.

Saad Azhar

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I am of the same view but I can not get it from any retailer in Pakistan . My only option is to order from eBay or MSFT store. Btw thanks for your quick reply.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you considered something like the Lenovo Yoga 11S? I would not be able to afford a Surface Pro 2 and get what the 11S has (keyboard, 128 GB, 4 GB...).

The only two things the Surface Pro 2 has that my Yoga doesn't is 1080p (11S is 1366x768) and the Wacom digitizer. It's a bit heavier and thicker than the Surface, but it'll do everything the surface will do other than the Wacom. The keyboard flips around to become a tablet. Some don't like the exposed keys on the keyboard, but it doesn't bother me a bit. And for the Surface I'd end up spending about $1150 to get what I got in the 11S for $750.

It does come with the Haswell i5, but I don't know if it is available everywhere yet. I got it from Best Buy, which I doubt is in Pakistan. I'd recommend trying to get that model if at all possible.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
I just picked up a Toshiba Encore. 8 inch with a Atom 1.2/1.8 GHz processor. I plan on using it specifically for school. It came with a free key for Office 2013 Touch edition. Pair a Bluetooth keyboard with it and you have a great school PC.

Sent from my Encore using Tapatalk

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Any 600-800 dollar ultra book would be good. They are not the best for gaming, as a gaming laptop would be the best bet, but as a fellow university peer, I can advice you that you won't have enough time to game all of the time. So your laptop won't be killed quickly. An ultra book has more than what the surface pro 2 has at less value. The only thing the surface pro 2 has for it is lower weight and ultra portability. I just bought a surface yesterday, and I love it. But I only got it because I won't be gaming and I only want it to type essays and occasional web browsing.

Good luck on your endeavors!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss