Future Surface with Bigger Screen?

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I know there are ongoing rumors of a mini Surface but does anyone know (or think) Microsoft will offer a bigger Surface option for those that want/need it? Perhaps a 13 or 14 inch Surface?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
While it certainly us possible, I don't think Microsoft will try to pull this off.

For instance, this is already directly competing with most OEMs' ultrabook and all-in-one offerings.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have heard rumors of a bigger ipad coming soon. Not saying that ipads are the end all be all, especially on this forum site, but they do often dictate the market. Maybe once there's a bigger ipad out, Microsoft will want to counter with a bigger Surface. Ehhhh...wishful thinking on my part, I know.

anseld1986

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm one of those people holding out for a larger (~13") screened surface. I absolutely love the surface pro 2, but I just need a larger screen before I can completely trade in my laptop. And at the price they're charging, I can't afford to make the switch twice!

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I would love a Surface all-in-one desktop: Super high-res touchscreen, Core i7, discrete graphics card, starting 128GB SSD (up to 512GB SSD), 8GB (up to 16GB) of RAM, etc. Do it Microsoft... Do it.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I would love a Surface all-in-one desktop: Super high-res touchscreen, Core i7, discrete graphics card, starting 128GB SSD (up to 512GB SSD), 8GB (up to 16GB) of RAM, etc. Do it Microsoft... Do it.

That is exactly what I want in a surface Pro 3! Except I don't really care for the resolution as much.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
That is exactly what I want in a surface Pro 3! Except I don't really care for the resolution as much.
I don't get this? So what you want is an All-in-one desktop pc? and not a surface tablet.
The main point of it being a tablet is that it's portable and usable on the move, I wouldn't fancy using a desktop PC on my lap on the tube in the daily commute :evil:

Current dimensions I think are great, you don't want to start crossing over into laptop (or desktop! LOL) territory in terms of size... just more power and a better screen would be my requirements.

For an all-in-one desktop, I'd look at getting just that, and not have expectations of a tablet to be up-scaled to fill that role (IMHO).

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't get this? So what you want is an All-in-one desktop pc? and not a surface tablet.
The main point of it being a tablet is that it's portable and usable on the move, I wouldn't fancy using a desktop PC on my lap on the tube in the daily commute :evil:

Actually, I do want an all-in-one Surface Pro tablet. Microsoft made it clear (or at least tried to, the break dancers didn't help) that the Surface Pro was made to be a replacement for your laptop. I think of desktops as just laptops with more ports and bigger screens since there's a lot of laptops with better specs than desktops. My Surface pro runs way better than some of the desktops (couple of years old all-in-ones) I have at home and has better specs than most of them. If I want to make my Surface to be like a desktop I could just get a monitor and the desktop dock. I wouldn't want to lug around a desktop and use it on my lap either, except that I would want to use my Surface wherever I go and use that on my lap because I see the Surface Pro tablets as small, portable desktop PCs.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I do want an all-in-one Surface Pro tablet.
Fair do's, I'm waiting for the Surface 3, to give me that tablet-sized laptop power (currently have a surface rt, but frustrated at missing some programs).
However, I also want an All-in-One, but I'm not precious about it being a "surface", I think it would dilute what they're trying to achieve in the tablet market if they suddenly launch surface computers.
In the meanwhile, this is in my shopping basket, and I'm pretty happy with that: XPS 27 All-in-One Details | Dell UK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb