04-22-2014 09:03 AM
112 1234 ...
tools
    I also was looking for a review from anywhere on any tech sites and no one seems to have one either. So I am really thinking that no one has them and we will see people getting them at the end of this week or next week. (hopefully) I didn't even see any on eBay or Amazon or anywhere else besides Lenovo. Mine is set to arrive 3/11 T^T

I do hope that it ships a lot sooner, as I also have some vinyl decals on the way to put on it. Most notable is this go on the back
    dont_panic_sticker_rectangle.jpg

;D Also a chrome silver Stark Industries logo to go across the top on the front
    xboxonthego3 likes this.
    02-11-2014 12:19 PM
    I just checked Lenovo regarding my order to see if anything changed...and it hasn't but then it got me thinking on what Released to Manufacturing means...Does that mean that if you buy it from Lenovo, they are built to order?

Also did anyone get a shipping notice yet? I am (quite very) impatiently waiting for mine. xD
    02-14-2014 04:16 PM
    I just checked Lenovo regarding my order to see if anything changed...and it hasn't but then it got me thinking on what Released to Manufacturing means...Does that mean that if you buy it from Lenovo, they are built to order?

Also did anyone get a shipping notice yet? I am (quite very) impatiently waiting for mine. xD
    I haven't called yet. And I haven't got a shipping notice... err
    02-14-2014 05:47 PM

I purchased the case seperately from the tablet, and my case also said released to manufacturing. They shipped my case off yesterday.
    02-14-2014 06:12 PM
    Just ordered mine yesterday, went with the 64gb with Windows 8.1 and a cover. Can't wait for it.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    02-16-2014 10:22 PM
    Hey! Just checked Lenovo's website! My order is now supposed to ship February 18th! It has an estimated delivery of the 25th. Woot! That's a step closer than before. I'll take it. Anyone else's ship dates change?
    02-17-2014 10:39 AM
    Hey! Just checked Lenovo's website! My order is now supposed to ship February 18th! It has an estimated delivery of the 25th. Woot! That's a step closer than before. I'll take it. Anyone else's ship dates change?
    Still shipping on 2/28 for me. I placed my order on Feb. 4th though. When did you place yours? Jan. 30th?
    02-17-2014 11:20 AM
    Alright. And yeah I ordered mine on the 30th.
    02-17-2014 11:32 AM
    Ugh. Still waiting for the LTE version.
    02-17-2014 11:42 AM
    Ok! I just got off chat with Lenovo! Here is the chat log minus my account and order information and my name.

Bryan : Thank you for choosing Lenovo Chat service, this is Bryan. How are you and how may I be of assistance today?

GunplaGamer : hello! i am good, how are you?
    GunplaGamer : i am just curious on why it is going to take so long for my ThinkPad 8 to ship. I have an estimated ship date of march 4th when I ordered it on Feb 10th.

Bryan : this particular machine is being delayed because of quality issues that are being cleared up. Once they are able to complete the build of these machines they will ship out as soon as possible
    Bryan : the estimated ship date for your order is 3/3/14

GunplaGamer : ok
    GunplaGamer : what sort of quality issues?

Bryan : I am not sure what the quality issues are

GunplaGamer : So what you are saying is that they have not built my ThinkPad 8 yet. Or really anyone that have ordered a ThinkPad 8 as I have a few friends that also have ordered one

Bryan : no
    Bryan : They build the machines once the order is placed however this particular machine is on delay due to quality issues
    Bryan : we do apologize for the delay
    Bryan : I'm not sure about any others
    Bryan : I would imagine that they are all on delay

GunplaGamer : ok thank you

Bryan : You are welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

GunplaGamer : nope that is all thank you!
    So yeah, possible quality issues and confirmation that they are building each of ours separately and making sure each stands up to quality they want to send out. Hopefully it is worth the wait! Grats XboxontheGo3! :) Let us know what you think when you get yours! :D
    xboxonthego3 likes this.
    02-17-2014 12:00 PM
    Ooo.. quality issues scares me a little. But from what it sounds they probably fixed it. I hope I get mine on the 25th. I'll be sure to give a mini review!
    02-17-2014 12:06 PM
    Ooo.. quality issues scares me a little. But from what it sounds they probably fixed it. I hope I get mine on the 25th. I'll be sure to give a mini review!
    Yeah, I do like that they are building each one as they order. They are not picking them out of a pile of them and then shipping them off. They are actually building each one, so the one you are getting was actually built for YOU and no one else. It kinda personalizes it :) It gives me the warm feels inside :) But yeah a little weary on the quality issues...but even if they built it for me and something is wrong i will definitely either return it for a refund or an exchange and have them build me another! :P

Oh explosive0, I think they are releasing the LTE version in the next month or so IIRC
    02-17-2014 12:19 PM
    Agreed as long as it works as it should the wait will totally be worth it.

02-17-2014 12:54 PM
    Cancelled my order, I'm happy with my DVP8 for now, plus they dropped the price after I ordered mine and didn't even notify me, kind of shady.
    02-17-2014 12:56 PM
    Thanks for that GunPlaGamer. Just to see if I got the same thing, I also chatted with someone. This is what I got from Jeanette when I asked what was taking so long.

Think machines are literally made to order, so the device is not even assembled until the order is confirmed. once that confirmation is received and the order released to Manufacturing. the parts are pulled, the machine assembled, operating system and chosen software loaded, then it is quality tested, packaged, and shipped. It has to clear customs to leave China, and then again to enter the US.

I feel somewhat better knowing that they are made to order.
    GunplaGamer and svenhassel like this.
    02-17-2014 01:15 PM
    There are two reviews of the Thinkpad 8 that just came out today. Bing "Thinkpad 8" switch the time to past 24 hours. One from zdnet and another from winsupersite. They both appear to just received their review units. I wouldn't say they are full reviews, in my opinion they are brief. They both mention the build quality being very good. Paul from winsupersite was really impressed by the screen.
    02-18-2014 11:01 AM
    I have been tricked! Tricked I tell you! .... so my Thinkpad was estimated to ship today... welp. I checked it and it now says estimated ship date of the 28th. And Delivery date of March 7th... errr. I'm disappointed. When I checked it this morning it still had the ship date of today and delivery date of the 25th.. It will get here when it gets here I guess.
    02-18-2014 05:06 PM
    There are two reviews of the Thinkpad 8 that just came out today. Bing "Thinkpad 8" switch the time to past 24 hours. One from zdnet and another from winsupersite. They both appear to just received their review units. I wouldn't say they are full reviews, in my opinion they are brief. They both mention the build quality being very good. Paul from winsupersite was really impressed by the screen.
    I can't wait to get mine. Mine says shipping the 3rd of March

02-18-2014 05:26 PM
    I have been tricked! Tricked I tell you! .... so my Thinkpad was estimated to ship today... welp. I checked it and it now says estimated ship date of the 28th. And Delivery date of March 7th... errr. I'm disappointed. When I checked it this morning it still had the ship date of today and delivery date of the 25th.. It will get here when it gets here I guess.
    Ouch. I've gotten to the point where I'm not looking anymore. Just waiting on the email saying it shipped now.
    02-18-2014 07:40 PM
    Ouch. I've gotten to the point where I'm not looking anymore. Just waiting on the email saying it shipped now.
    Yeah.. I think i'm going to do the same. Then I can be surprised when I get an email lol.
    02-18-2014 09:37 PM
    Full review!
    WillysJeepMan and GSOgymrat like this.
    02-21-2014 09:57 PM
    I almost cancelled my order to get the 64GB Dell Venue 8 for $250, I mean I would like a stylus so much but the performance and quality is better on the thinkpad, but then saw this picture and unless I'm a pro artist it doesn't matter if I draw with my finger or capacitive stylus... http://cdn.appstorm.net/iphone.appst...d-stylus-5.jpg

My estimated delivery date is 3/7/14 :S

Patience!
    02-22-2014 12:19 AM
    Just read that SanDisk has just announced the 128gb MicroSD and will be available as soon as tomorrow! For Around $200 you can double to triple your storage! :D

Tight on memory? SanDisk microSD cards hit 128GB | Mobile World Congress - CNET Reviews
    02-24-2014 11:35 AM
    This is getting annoying. My ship date just went from 2/28 to 3/3. At this rate, I'll get my tablet in April.
    02-24-2014 01:49 PM
    This is getting annoying. My ship date just went from 2/28 to 3/3. At this rate, I'll get my tablet in April.
    ack! That's depressing. On the bright side, you'll definitely be "the only kid on the block" with one. (Well, that's not such a great consolation.... sorry)
    02-24-2014 02:08 PM
112 1234 ...