Watch the June 24Windows 11 event right here

04-22-2014 09:03 AM
112 12345
tools
    This is getting annoying. My ship date just went from 2/28 to 3/3. At this rate, I'll get my tablet in April.
    ...... I shouldn't of looked. I shouldn't of looked... YOU WILL NOT BELEIVE IT! Mine has an estimated ship date of December 30th of 2014.... I am expected to get it on January 7th of 2015. That is ridiculous.... I have to wait almost a full year for a tablet I just ordered on the January 30th?! What the heck is that? It last said an estimated ship date of February 28th. I will definitely be calling later today on why there is an absurd estimated ship date now showing... Hopefully it is just a glitch. I'm getting frustrated. I ordered a 128gb with Windows 8 pro and a quickshot cover. If they tell me it is correct. I'm canceling my order.. I'm not going to wait a year.
    02-24-2014 03:40 PM
    Should HAVE would HAVE could HAVE.
    02-24-2014 03:57 PM
    ...... I shouldn't of looked. I shouldn't of looked... YOU WILL NOT BELEIVE IT! Mine has an estimated ship date of December 30th of 2014.... I am expected to get it on January 7th of 2015. That is ridiculous.... I have to wait almost a full year for a tablet I just ordered on the January 30th?! What the heck is that? It last said an estimated ship date of February 28th. I will definitely be calling later today on why there is an absurd estimated ship date now showing... Hopefully it is just a glitch. I'm getting frustrated. I ordered a 128gb with Windows 8 pro and a quickshot cover. If they tell me it is correct. I'm canceling my order.. I'm not going to wait a year.
    It better be a glitch. Mine says the 2015 now too.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    02-24-2014 04:07 PM
    "I am showing that we had an issue with supply and are waiting on parts to come in to complete your order. . I am not seeing an updated estimated shipping date, however once the systems update you will be able to see the new dates. I do apologize for the delay and we will do our best to get your order shipped out as soon as possible. The date on the webpage is not correct." - Customer service Rep from Lenovo Online Chat

So they ran out of parts or some sort of supply issue apparently... He did say the date is incorrect. So that's somewhat good news. He didn't say how long it would be though. I'll wait for no longer than a month and chat with them again if the date doesn't change to something sooner.
    02-24-2014 05:56 PM
    I have a retail version in front of me, it arrived last Friday.

Anyone want me to test anything?

http://1drv.ms/1cG4dQy is a photo of the screen running 100% dpi at 1080
    xboxonthego3 likes this.
    02-24-2014 10:31 PM
    How is the scaling on the desktop? It doesn't look too bad in the pic. Is it easy to click things? Also when did you order? Most importantly! How are you liking your device so far? :)
    02-24-2014 10:35 PM
    I'm in Australia so my order date won't apply to you guys, but I ordered on the 30th.

When you apply 150% DPI scaling its easy to click. Much easier if you apply 200% but then you don't get enough screen real estate.

Unless you are using a mouse/keyboard then 100% DPI scaling is not usable with your finger unless you like to keep trying and trying and trying and missing things.

My speaker had a crackle noise which went away after 1 day. It now runs fine and sounds great.

The cover surprisingly works well as a stand, I had my doubts but it works well when reading in bed etc. The only strange issue I get is sometimes when using the camera flip the camera app will say "The camera app is being used by another application" But I've not used the camera app before...
    xboxonthego3 likes this.
    02-24-2014 10:40 PM
    Order Detail

Status Part Number Description Quantity Unshipped Quantity Estimated
    Ship Date
    Estimated
    Delivery Date
    Released to Manufacturing 20BNCTO1WW ThinkPad Tablet 0108 1 1 2014/12/30 2015/01/07
    System Details

LOL
    02-25-2014 12:25 AM
    I have a retail version in front of me, it arrived last Friday.

Anyone want me to test anything?

http://1drv.ms/1cG4dQy is a photo of the screen running 100% dpi at 1080
    If you can get a dock or USB OTG Y Cable: please try to connect it to USB and charge at the same time :D !!
    02-25-2014 07:27 AM
    Full review!
    This video made me sooo at ease with my purchase! :D :D Never bought a tablet before and soo excited this is my first one! :D

Order Detail

Status Part Number Description Quantity Unshipped Quantity Estimated
    Ship Date
    Estimated
    Delivery Date
    Released to Manufacturing 20BNCTO1WW ThinkPad Tablet 0108 1 1 2014/12/30 2015/01/07
    https://ovp.lenovo.com/lenovo-ovp/pu...expand_add.gif System Details

LOL
    Yeaaahhhh...thats a thing...O.o...I am scared to look at my order...when did you place your order?

Also Lenovo needs to change their site. I just went on to the ThinkPad 8's page and it says estimated ship date 3/5/2014...When I ordered mine it originally said shipped in 3 - 7 days...WTH... T^T That is false advertising really, especially for us who ordered 3 - 5 weeks ago and still have not received them. I'd say Lenovo give us a $100 discount! ;)

I couldn't stand the suspense! I had to check and it says April 1st...That BETTER be a April Fools Joke....Also I just tried to contact customer support over chat to get the status of my order and it said no one was available. I then tried a pre sales and find out why it is like that. They said I needed to call.
    Last edited by GunplaGamer; 02-25-2014 at 10:12 AM.
    02-25-2014 09:39 AM
    Do they process the charge at time or order or when the item ships?
    02-25-2014 10:12 AM
    Do they process the charge at time or order or when the item ships?
    They do an authorization charge, which stays in your account for a few days, then they actually charge you when it ships.
    02-25-2014 10:16 AM
    Sooo yeah...just spoke with them again and they said their website is screwed up and giving out all the incorrect dates. Mine is still scheduled to be shipped on March 4th.
    xboxonthego3 and giodelgado like this.
    02-25-2014 04:33 PM
    Amazon currently has the 128gb MicroSD on sale for $119!! I just got one! The price SanDisk and BestBuy are selling them at $199!

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSDQUA-128G-G46A): Computers & Accessories Even cheaper than Lenovo's upgrade! :D

Just chatted with BestBuy and They will do a price match! Just need to call them up :) Amazon is 2-3 weeks while Best buy can ship the card right away.
    Last edited by GunplaGamer; 02-26-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    02-26-2014 01:34 PM
    Amazon currently has the 128gb MicroSD on sale for $119!! I just got one! The price SanDisk and BestBuy are selling them at $199!

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSDQUA-128G-G46A): Computers & Accessories Even cheaper than Lenovo's upgrade! :D

Just chatted with BestBuy and They will do a price match! Just need to call them up :) Amazon is 2-3 weeks while Best buy can ship the card right away.
    While a 128 SD card is a great thing to have, I dont think that is as responsive as the internal memory. Maybe some memory speeds fanatic can confirm this ? :D
    02-26-2014 03:26 PM
    Yeah, but still. I just doubled my memory xD. I don't really mind if that is a second or two slower. I mostly would be using it for media.
    svenhassel likes this.
    02-27-2014 03:26 PM
    Just received an email about my order being delayed, shipment is anticipated in 30 days.... LOL

At this point I just want to cancel, or this is an automated response with the shipment bug that shows 2015?
    03-01-2014 01:48 AM
    Just received an email about my order being delayed, shipment is anticipated in 30 days.... LOL

At this point I just want to cancel, or this is an automated response with the shipment bug that shows 2015?
    Yeah, completely agree, this is getting a little stupid. They shouldn't have released it if they didn't have enough supply / all the items in the factory to make them. Amazon has switched the thinkpad 8 page from 2-3 weeks to preorder and will ship when they get it.

If it doesn't ship the original projected shipping date of the 4th of March, I am going to ask for money off because of this, or just cancel my order all together because this is ridiculous. I am waiting till the fourth for two reasons. One, since i was a new customer i got some money off. Two, the people I chatted too all said it still had a ship date of the 4th of March.

This is 100% there fault for not having the parts in the factory when people order them since they are made to order. I would think since they are a big company i would think this wouldn't be a problem.

They should have done something like the 28th is the date you can preorder yours and the product will launch in a month or so.

I have never experienced something so disorganized regarding electronics before.
    xboxonthego3 likes this.
    03-02-2014 07:00 AM
    I agree. I said I'll wait a month but I am really tempted to cancel mine. I'm getting tempted to build a nee desktop PC instead. Or wait until something better is announced at this rate.
    03-02-2014 08:35 AM
    Originally I ordered mine on the 16th of February but because I was never emailed or told in any way that I needed to contact them to verify my credit card information my order got canceled. I really want one of these tablets so I placed my order again on the 26th. The original ship date was March 3rd once I ordered the tablet again. Yesterday it changed from the 3rd to the 6th. I am hoping the date will not change again. Only reason I will not cancel it is because I got a good discount towards the purchase of it. Trying hard to be patient
    03-02-2014 12:08 PM
    The day we get our thinkpads, they are going to announce the 8" surface mini.
    xboxonthego3 and giodelgado like this.
    03-02-2014 02:27 PM
    Yeah, mine was pushed way out and I just received the email telling me how to cancel if I wanted to. So, I am probably going to cancel it since I pretty much already forgot I pre-ordered it.
    03-02-2014 02:36 PM
    Yeah we will see it on Windows Phone Central | News, Forums, Reviews, Help for Windows Phone the Surface 3 with 8" attachment screen lol
    03-02-2014 02:57 PM
    In this day-n-age it is very uncommon for a major company to slip a public target date. In the past, that would be an indication to me of problems. If I was in your position, and I could cancel a pre-order, I would. Then wait to see what the device looks like when it becomes available and reassess my interest in it.
    03-03-2014 09:53 AM
    Yes, but honestly there's no better alternative, while we wait some other tablets will be announced, this waiting is just like a Kickstarter project...
    03-03-2014 10:44 AM
112 12345