Thinkpad 8 now available to order! (In the US)

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey! I just checked the Lenovo website. Looked at the Thinkpad 8. If you order it now it ships in 5-7 days. I checked my order from 1/30. It still has an estimated ship date of 2/27. And delivery date of 3/06. It's the 2/10. Ship date would be 7 days at the most and another 5 business days would possibly give it a delivery date of the 24th or maybe the 25th. Hopefully my order's ship date will be updated soon. Wondering if anyone else's ship dates have been updated?

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey! I just checked the Lenovo website. Looked at the Thinkpad 8. If you order it now it ships in 5-7 days. I checked my order from 1/30. It still has an estimated ship date of 2/27. And delivery date of 3/06. It's the 2/10. Ship date would be 7 days at the most and another 5 business days would possibly give it a delivery date of the 24th or maybe the 25th. Hopefully my order's ship date will be updated soon. Wondering if anyone else's ship dates have been updated?

been waiting for this to shipped. I feel like I'm waiting for Nokia Keyboard to be shipped all over again.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
lol. That sucks. I just checked my order again this morning nothing has changed. I'm ok with waiting a little while I suppose. But I ordered within the first few hours of being available to order. So I expect to be one of the first ones to get shipped my tablet. Not one week or two weeks after someone who order's today. I'll give them a call end of day tomorrow if the estimated ship date doesn't change.

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ordered Mine yesterday as I saw it was the price I originally heard it was going to be and was prepared to pay. I naturally wanted the 128gb option as 64gb would not be able to do it at all. I used the first customer 10% off bonus as well to get it for $485. I forgot actually to order the cover, but i will wait until i have it in my hands, to decide if i want to get the cover or not. So no one has theirs yet? I shouldn't really think much about the reviews then?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I don't think anyone has it or very few and because of that I wouldn't pay any attention to the reviews that are on the Lenovo's website.

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I also was looking for a review from anywhere on any tech sites and no one seems to have one either. So I am really thinking that no one has them and we will see people getting them at the end of this week or next week. (hopefully) I didn't even see any on eBay or Amazon or anywhere else besides Lenovo. Mine is set to arrive 3/11 T^T

I do hope that it ships a lot sooner, as I also have some vinyl decals on the way to put on it. Most notable is this go on the back
dont_panic_sticker_rectangle.jpg

;D Also a chrome silver Stark Industries logo to go across the top on the front

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just checked Lenovo regarding my order to see if anything changed...and it hasn't but then it got me thinking on what Released to Manufacturing means...Does that mean that if you buy it from Lenovo, they are built to order?

Also did anyone get a shipping notice yet? I am (quite very) impatiently waiting for mine. xD

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I just checked Lenovo regarding my order to see if anything changed...and it hasn't but then it got me thinking on what Released to Manufacturing means...Does that mean that if you buy it from Lenovo, they are built to order?

Also did anyone get a shipping notice yet? I am (quite very) impatiently waiting for mine. xD

I haven't called yet. And I haven't got a shipping notice... err

tp2386

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I purchased the case seperately from the tablet, and my case also said released to manufacturing. They shipped my case off yesterday.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey! Just checked Lenovo's website! My order is now supposed to ship February 18th! It has an estimated delivery of the 25th. Woot! That's a step closer than before. I'll take it. Anyone else's ship dates change?

tp2386

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey! Just checked Lenovo's website! My order is now supposed to ship February 18th! It has an estimated delivery of the 25th. Woot! That's a step closer than before. I'll take it. Anyone else's ship dates change?
Still shipping on 2/28 for me. I placed my order on Feb. 4th though. When did you place yours? Jan. 30th?

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok! I just got off chat with Lenovo! Here is the chat log minus my account and order information and my name.

Bryan : Thank you for choosing Lenovo Chat service, this is Bryan. How are you and how may I be of assistance today?

GunplaGamer : hello! i am good, how are you?
GunplaGamer : i am just curious on why it is going to take so long for my ThinkPad 8 to ship. I have an estimated ship date of march 4th when I ordered it on Feb 10th.

Bryan : this particular machine is being delayed because of quality issues that are being cleared up. Once they are able to complete the build of these machines they will ship out as soon as possible
Bryan : the estimated ship date for your order is 3/3/14

GunplaGamer : ok
GunplaGamer : what sort of quality issues?

Bryan : I am not sure what the quality issues are

GunplaGamer : So what you are saying is that they have not built my ThinkPad 8 yet. Or really anyone that have ordered a ThinkPad 8 as I have a few friends that also have ordered one

Bryan : no
Bryan : They build the machines once the order is placed however this particular machine is on delay due to quality issues
Bryan : we do apologize for the delay
Bryan : I'm not sure about any others
Bryan : I would imagine that they are all on delay

GunplaGamer : ok thank you

Bryan : You are welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

GunplaGamer : nope that is all thank you!

So yeah, possible quality issues and confirmation that they are building each of ours separately and making sure each stands up to quality they want to send out. Hopefully it is worth the wait! Grats XboxontheGo3! :) Let us know what you think when you get yours! :D

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Ooo.. quality issues scares me a little. But from what it sounds they probably fixed it. I hope I get mine on the 25th. I'll be sure to give a mini review!

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ooo.. quality issues scares me a little. But from what it sounds they probably fixed it. I hope I get mine on the 25th. I'll be sure to give a mini review!

Yeah, I do like that they are building each one as they order. They are not picking them out of a pile of them and then shipping them off. They are actually building each one, so the one you are getting was actually built for YOU and no one else. It kinda personalizes it :) It gives me the warm feels inside :) But yeah a little weary on the quality issues...but even if they built it for me and something is wrong i will definitely either return it for a refund or an exchange and have them build me another! :p

Oh explosive0, I think they are releasing the LTE version in the next month or so IIRC

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Cancelled my order, I'm happy with my DVP8 for now, plus they dropped the price after I ordered mine and didn't even notify me, kind of shady.

tp2386

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that GunPlaGamer. Just to see if I got the same thing, I also chatted with someone. This is what I got from Jeanette when I asked what was taking so long.

Think machines are literally made to order, so the device is not even assembled until the order is confirmed. once that confirmation is received and the order released to Manufacturing. the parts are pulled, the machine assembled, operating system and chosen software loaded, then it is quality tested, packaged, and shipped. It has to clear customs to leave China, and then again to enter the US.

I feel somewhat better knowing that they are made to order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa