Thinkpad 8 now available to order! (In the US)

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
There are two reviews of the Thinkpad 8 that just came out today. Bing "Thinkpad 8" switch the time to past 24 hours. One from zdnet and another from winsupersite. They both appear to just received their review units. I wouldn't say they are full reviews, in my opinion they are brief. They both mention the build quality being very good. Paul from winsupersite was really impressed by the screen.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have been tricked! Tricked I tell you! .... so my Thinkpad was estimated to ship today... welp. I checked it and it now says estimated ship date of the 28th. And Delivery date of March 7th... errr. I'm disappointed. When I checked it this morning it still had the ship date of today and delivery date of the 25th.. It will get here when it gets here I guess.

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
There are two reviews of the Thinkpad 8 that just came out today. Bing "Thinkpad 8" switch the time to past 24 hours. One from zdnet and another from winsupersite. They both appear to just received their review units. I wouldn't say they are full reviews, in my opinion they are brief. They both mention the build quality being very good. Paul from winsupersite was really impressed by the screen.
I can't wait to get mine. Mine says shipping the 3rd of March

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

tp2386

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been tricked! Tricked I tell you! .... so my Thinkpad was estimated to ship today... welp. I checked it and it now says estimated ship date of the 28th. And Delivery date of March 7th... errr. I'm disappointed. When I checked it this morning it still had the ship date of today and delivery date of the 25th.. It will get here when it gets here I guess.
Ouch. I've gotten to the point where I'm not looking anymore. Just waiting on the email saying it shipped now.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
This is getting annoying. My ship date just went from 2/28 to 3/3. At this rate, I'll get my tablet in April.
ack! That's depressing. On the bright side, you'll definitely be "the only kid on the block" with one. :winktongue: (Well, that's not such a great consolation.... sorry)

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
This is getting annoying. My ship date just went from 2/28 to 3/3. At this rate, I'll get my tablet in April.

...... I shouldn't of looked. I shouldn't of looked... YOU WILL NOT BELEIVE IT! Mine has an estimated ship date of December 30th of 2014.... I am expected to get it on January 7th of 2015. That is ridiculous.... I have to wait almost a full year for a tablet I just ordered on the January 30th?! What the heck is that? It last said an estimated ship date of February 28th. I will definitely be calling later today on why there is an absurd estimated ship date now showing... Hopefully it is just a glitch. I'm getting frustrated. I ordered a 128gb with Windows 8 pro and a quickshot cover. If they tell me it is correct. I'm canceling my order.. I'm not going to wait a year.

tp2386

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
...... I shouldn't of looked. I shouldn't of looked... YOU WILL NOT BELEIVE IT! Mine has an estimated ship date of December 30th of 2014.... I am expected to get it on January 7th of 2015. That is ridiculous.... I have to wait almost a full year for a tablet I just ordered on the January 30th?! What the heck is that? It last said an estimated ship date of February 28th. I will definitely be calling later today on why there is an absurd estimated ship date now showing... Hopefully it is just a glitch. I'm getting frustrated. I ordered a 128gb with Windows 8 pro and a quickshot cover. If they tell me it is correct. I'm canceling my order.. I'm not going to wait a year.

It better be a glitch. Mine says the 2015 now too.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
"I am showing that we had an issue with supply and are waiting on parts to come in to complete your order. . I am not seeing an updated estimated shipping date, however once the systems update you will be able to see the new dates. I do apologize for the delay and we will do our best to get your order shipped out as soon as possible. The date on the webpage is not correct." - Customer service Rep from Lenovo Online Chat

So they ran out of parts or some sort of supply issue apparently... He did say the date is incorrect. So that's somewhat good news. He didn't say how long it would be though. I'll wait for no longer than a month and chat with them again if the date doesn't change to something sooner.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
How is the scaling on the desktop? It doesn't look too bad in the pic. Is it easy to click things? Also when did you order? Most importantly! How are you liking your device so far? :)

Nick Fritzkowski

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm in Australia so my order date won't apply to you guys, but I ordered on the 30th.

When you apply 150% DPI scaling its easy to click. Much easier if you apply 200% but then you don't get enough screen real estate.

Unless you are using a mouse/keyboard then 100% DPI scaling is not usable with your finger unless you like to keep trying and trying and trying and missing things.

My speaker had a crackle noise which went away after 1 day. It now runs fine and sounds great.

The cover surprisingly works well as a stand, I had my doubts but it works well when reading in bed etc. The only strange issue I get is sometimes when using the camera flip the camera app will say "The camera app is being used by another application" But I've not used the camera app before...

giodelgado

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
[h=1]Order Detail[/h]
Status
Part Number
Description
Quantity
Unshipped Quantity
Estimated
Ship Date
Estimated
Delivery Date

Released to Manufacturing
20BNCTO1WW
ThinkPad Tablet 0108
2014/12/30
2015/01/07

expand_add.gif
System Details

LOL

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

This video made me sooo at ease with my purchase! :D :D Never bought a tablet before and soo excited this is my first one! :D

[h=1]Order Detail[/h]
Status
Part Number
Description
Quantity
Unshipped Quantity
Estimated
Ship Date
Estimated
Delivery Date

Released to Manufacturing
20BNCTO1WW
ThinkPad Tablet 0108
2014/12/30
2015/01/07

https://ovp.lenovo.com/lenovo-ovp/public/images/expand_add.gif System Details

LOL

Yeaaahhhh...thats a thing...o_O...I am scared to look at my order...when did you place your order? :sweaty:

Also Lenovo needs to change their site. I just went on to the ThinkPad 8's page and it says estimated ship date 3/5/2014...When I ordered mine it originally said shipped in 3 - 7 days...WTH... T^T That is false advertising really, especially for us who ordered 3 - 5 weeks ago and still have not received them. I'd say Lenovo give us a $100 discount! ;)

I couldn't stand the suspense! I had to check and it says April 1st...That BETTER be a April Fools Joke....Also I just tried to contact customer support over chat to get the status of my order and it said no one was available. I then tried a pre sales and find out why it is like that. They said I needed to call.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon