Thinkpad 8 now available to order! (In the US)

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sooo yeah...just spoke with them again and they said their website is screwed up and giving out all the incorrect dates. Mine is still scheduled to be shipped on March 4th.

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Amazon currently has the 128gb MicroSD on sale for $119!! I just got one! The price SanDisk and BestBuy are selling them at $199!

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSDQUA-128G-G46A): Computers & Accessories Even cheaper than Lenovo's upgrade! :D

Just chatted with BestBuy and They will do a price match! Just need to call them up :) Amazon is 2-3 weeks while Best buy can ship the card right away.

While a 128 SD card is a great thing to have, I don?t think that is as responsive as the internal memory. Maybe some memory speeds fanatic can confirm this ? :D

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but still. I just doubled my memory xD. I don't really mind if that is a second or two slower. I mostly would be using it for media.

giodelgado

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Just received an email about my order being delayed, shipment is anticipated in 30 days.... LOL

At this point I just want to cancel, or this is an automated response with the shipment bug that shows 2015?

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just received an email about my order being delayed, shipment is anticipated in 30 days.... LOL

At this point I just want to cancel, or this is an automated response with the shipment bug that shows 2015?

Yeah, completely agree, this is getting a little stupid. They shouldn't have released it if they didn't have enough supply / all the items in the factory to make them. Amazon has switched the thinkpad 8 page from 2-3 weeks to preorder and will ship when they get it.

If it doesn't ship the original projected shipping date of the 4th of March, I am going to ask for money off because of this, or just cancel my order all together because this is ridiculous. I am waiting till the fourth for two reasons. One, since i was a new customer i got some money off. Two, the people I chatted too all said it still had a ship date of the 4th of March.

This is 100% there fault for not having the parts in the factory when people order them since they are made to order. I would think since they are a big company i would think this wouldn't be a problem.

They should have done something like the 28th is the date you can preorder yours and the product will launch in a month or so.

I have never experienced something so disorganized regarding electronics before.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I said I'll wait a month but I am really tempted to cancel mine. I'm getting tempted to build a nee desktop PC instead. Or wait until something better is announced at this rate.

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Originally I ordered mine on the 16th of February but because I was never emailed or told in any way that I needed to contact them to verify my credit card information my order got canceled. I really want one of these tablets so I placed my order again on the 26th. The original ship date was March 3rd once I ordered the tablet again. Yesterday it changed from the 3rd to the 6th. I am hoping the date will not change again. Only reason I will not cancel it is because I got a good discount towards the purchase of it. Trying hard to be patient

whoswhoo

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, mine was pushed way out and I just received the email telling me how to cancel if I wanted to. So, I am probably going to cancel it since I pretty much already forgot I pre-ordered it.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
In this day-n-age it is very uncommon for a major company to slip a public target date. In the past, that would be an indication to me of problems. If I was in your position, and I could cancel a pre-order, I would. Then wait to see what the device looks like when it becomes available and reassess my interest in it.

giodelgado

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but honestly there's no better alternative, while we wait some other tablets will be announced, this waiting is just like a Kickstarter project...

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
In this day-n-age it is very uncommon for a major company to slip a public target date. In the past, that would be an indication to me of problems. If I was in your position, and I could cancel a pre-order, I would. Then wait to see what the device looks like when it becomes available and reassess my interest in it.

The thing is this is not a preorder at all. This is an actual order for the device. That many of us, myself included were excited to get our hands on it right after launch. Expecting to see many reviews of the Tablet, and to here everyones reaction on it. Turns out many of use are getting mixed answers on what is happening over there. I expected a company like Lenovo to be on their game with this release as they seemed really proud of it when they showed it off. Now its just problems upon problems upon delays caused by those problems. I was willing to wait until my projected ship date, that is until i got an email today saying my shipment has been delayed...This was the last straw in numerous accounts of problems. I live chatted with Jeannette and told her of all my frustrations and problems i have been experiencing with Lenovo as of late. This is also my first time buying a Lenovo product and first impressions are horrible.

First she copy and pasted a huge paragraph right away that is a disclaimer that is found nowhere on the website saying it has to be made and go through customs etc etc. Which i was extremely upset about since that is supposed to calm me down and to write me off as just another order number and not a person.

She then said as I was explaining my situation and problems, she said she looked into it further and said there was a host of problems with this line of product and that LENOVO IS CANCELING THE ENTIRE LINE. She apologized greatly for the inconvenience and that the Order Management team will be contacting me to offer me a suitable replacement of equal or greater value. WTF!? Canceling the Line?? o_O I told her I don't want any other product from Lenovo. I want the ThinkPad 8, now at a severe discount for all the inconveniences I have experienced. She told me she will note my concerns and Order Management will be contacting me to get the item that I want. I told her to tell them I expect an email from them TODAY to rectify this, and she said she will let them know and thanked me for allowing them to fix this.

I will keep you guys updated when I hear anything. This is just complete failure on Lenovo's part. Complete and utter failure.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, I am getting tempted by other devices and changing my mind. I'm thinking about sticking with at least a 10inch tablet with a 4th Gen i5 and a mobile attachable clamshell keyboard. I'm starting to slowly lose interest in this potentially great tablet and starting to look somewhere else. This is a competitive market and there is a lot of good windows tablets in different sizes and prices. They might lose customers because of this delay including me. Most Consumers want things to get here yesterday! If it isn't there they will find something else.

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I am getting tempted by other devices and changing my mind. I'm thinking about sticking with at least a 10inch tablet with a 4th Gen i5 and a mobile attachable clamshell keyboard. I'm starting to slowly lose interest in this potentially great tablet and starting to look somewhere else. This is a competitive market and there is a lot of good windows tablets in different sizes and prices. They might lose customers because of this delay including me. Most Consumers want things to get here yesterday! If it isn't there they will find something else.

Yeah definitely, complete and utter nonsense really on how they are handling this. Once they saw these problems they should have halted orders and just get the ones out to the people that have ordered and then fix the problem. They also could have halted orders then sent out emails to everyone who has ordered telling them there has been a delay, we are sorry for this inconvenience, and because we value you as a customer we are giving you an extra 10% off your purchase. We hope you understand. There would have been some cancelations and then some who would have waited because of the service they were given.

Not tell people who have waited OVER A MONTH only to get that notice now with no discount whatsoever. I am more upset but the times that I have been given on the shipping date. When I first ordered, it was 3-7 DAYS. Then I checked a few days later, it said March 4th Shipping date. NOW They want me to wait ANOTHER MONTH...When the website still says ships within 3-7 days...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium