Thinkpad 8 now available to order! (In the US)

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Ha, funny. I just canceled mine this morning. After thinking about it. I went out and bought a Yoga 2 Pro last night. It will fit my needs better. I wanted this Thinkpad 8. But in the end I'm glad it was delayed. It made me rethink my purchase. I hope it turns out to be a great tablet because it has the potential to be great. Let me know what you guys think when it arrives!

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Cancelled this long ago. Got the hold on the money taken off bought a firearm. At least Nokia acknowledged customer's frustration with the keyboard and gave a $20 MS Store voucher. My first and probably last time I'd ordered something from Lenovo. Pre Order is one thing but to say its available and have all these issue I could had bought something else. Maybe I'll reassess the tablet later. The smart cover is what made me love it the most.

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got my shipment notification from Amazon payments!

When did you order yours? I wanted to use amazon payments but the button kept on not showing up every time i tried to checkout. The text would say check out with amazon but no button :( :( :(

But They did not email me yesterday when they said they would do everything they could to fix this. I will give them a few days to see if they email me and then really let them have it with the utter BS that has been going on.

This will be my first tablet ever. I have an iPad 2 that my job gave me but its not mine. I can't have anything on there that is not work related.

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I never received an email to rectify this and i just received an email saying my shipment is delayed and will ship within 30 days...F&#@ that automated email crap.

I just sent them a LONG email and told them if they do not contact me either by phone or email to rectify this with in 48 hours, me and a few friends will be canceling our orders.

I really do not expect to be contacted in either method, let alone be given anything for my frustration of what I have experienced so I will be canceling my order on Friday. They just lost a customer for life and I will never recommend them or use one of their products.

Patric.Z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Me and my friends don't even get automated emails. I ordered as soon as it's available in Canada. Online chat reps said we will get emails sometime this weeks for status but nothing yet. FWIW, looks like we will get an discount of 5% as compensation of the delay per the reps. I don't think 5% is a good enough but that's what I heard.

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was never offered anything, I asked for a discount but got a reply saying someone will contact me about it. Still no contact at all. I also wrote a long angry email yesterday to them giving them until tomorrow I am getting ready to cancel my order if receive no contact and just wait until an actual sale from Amazon or something. I still want the tablet, but now its just getting ridiculous.

Patric.Z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think the discount you can get depends on the agent you talk to. Looks like some agents have more discount to give out than others. I got an email yesterday saying my order was cancelled and a new order will be generated and I will get the new order number soon, but nothing yet. I asked an online rep, and I was told my case was assigned to an agent and I will be contacted in the next 24 hours and this new agent will be my point of contact going forward regarding this order. I hope this is really what's gonna happen and the this new agent will be helpful in sorting this out.

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What a mess. Glad I did cancel. $500 is alot of money to invest for poor service.

think the discount you can get depends on the agent you talk to. Looks like some agents have more discount to give out than others. I got an email yesterday saying my order was cancelled and a new order will be generated and I will get the new order number soon, but nothing yet. I asked an online rep, and I was told my case was assigned to an agent and I will be contacted in the next 24 hours and this new agent will be my point of contact going forward regarding this order. I hope this is really what's gonna happen and the this new agent will be helpful in sorting this out.

Well I just canceled mine after a LONG chat...They offered me 5%, but then i said I wanted 10% off and the $50 in accessories for all the aggravation and inconvenience. They countered with 7% i was like fine ok, do it. Then they explained all the hoops i had to go through after my order was shipped and that sent me over the deep end. I told them to forget it, cancel it and they just lost a customer for life. I will never buy from them again. Even if they offered the Thinkpad 8 for $100...It is not worth it if you receive it 6 months from the purchase date.

This was an impulse purchase that i was happy with...until the horrible service happened...now i have $500 that i don't have to worry about magically coming out of my account without warning.

Good luck with getting contacted...I have tried with calls, & emails and never gotten a response. Remember when I was told i would get a call that day to fix this? Here we are 3 days later and NOTHING. I got someone on chat and thats it.

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Me and my friends don't even get automated emails. I ordered as soon as it's available in Canada. Online chat reps said we will get emails sometime this weeks for status but nothing yet. FWIW, looks like we will get an discount of 5% as compensation of the delay per the reps. I don't think 5% is a good enough but that's what I heard.

The rep just told me you have to wait till it ships then wait till processes on your card, then let them know and then they will try to process it and it takes 7-14 business days, thats if the refund goes through.

I still want one and I will wait until Amazon or BestBuy has it for the same price or cheaper. As I can then pick it up in store at BestBuy or one night it from Amazon

Last edited:

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
ooooooo you guys i am literally shaking with rage right now at Lenovo...I canceled yesterday after everything i have been through...Or SO I THOUGHT....I Just received ANOTHER Authorization charge from them...But before that back to yesterday...After a long conversation I canceled my order and I asked for a confirmation number and she said she does not have one to give me but I will receive it in the next one to two business days. I am thinking ok, no problem. I go about yesterday as usual, after work i look at tablets online and go out and check some out...THANK GOODNESS I did not buy one because they charged me again today for it and I immediately did chat with them. Turns out I did not cancel it yesterday which the lady failed to tell me. I only did a cancelation REQUEST. The new person told me I will find out if it was canceled with in 5-7 business days. She told me they did the authorization charge BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY ENTERED MANUFACTURING...So by some miracle they found the parts and are making mine now. But WAIT there's more! She said she does not have a clue about what is going to happen next...I told her IF it gets shipped you can be damn sure i will be getting my 10% discount. She told me you will be getting 7% cause that is marked in your file and nothing more. She also threatened to close the chat if i said "damn" again. Which is REALLY smart when you have a severely irate customer on the other end...My tablet is effectively "Schrodinger's Tablet". Will it ship? Will it be canceled? No one knows...

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Funny response. But it totally sucks. I have two emails from them today. One confirming my order and thanking me for my purchase. Then another email that immediately followed saying it was cancelled and that it wouldn't be charged.... So i'll be checking my account to make sure they didn't charge.

GunplaGamer

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Funny response. But it totally sucks. I have two emails from them today. One confirming my order and thanking me for my purchase. Then another email that immediately followed saying it was cancelled and that it wouldn't be charged.... So i'll be checking my account to make sure they didn't charge.

Yeah I would triple check that to make sure.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah they should had told you that its only a request before it gets cancelled cause there's another office that has to contact the manufacturing to have it cancelled. I had mines completely cancelled in like 5-6 days I think and got an email. Glad I did get out this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786