Thinkpad 8 now available to order! (In the US)

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
TBH, I think that Windows is the best platform for a tablet, after a little bit of tweeks (when I get one, I will remove the Desktop tile, with the hope I don't go there, and I think they should update office with the option to run in the metro part).

but seriously, Windows on tablets is WOW. Android on Tablets - I have no idea what these guys are doing. Apple on tablet is fare although it shares the same philosophy as Android, its just iOS on a larger screen.

ill be either getting a Surface 2 or ^this

Edit: I'm more towards the Windows RT as I think its more suitable as an extension to my laptop, and a better content browser than my Lumia 920.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Sadly no. I tried to check the order details on the site for my order. But it had issues. I then checked my email and they sent me the order details. It doesn't say a specific date. It says I should wait 2 hours for a update. So hopefully tomorrow I will know.

(Reply to Laura)

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else order a Thinkpad 8? Curious on to see if others ordered and to see who got the 64gb or the 128gb. Also if anyone choose 8.1 pro instead of 8.1.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Err.. Got a estimated ship date of 2/27/14 and estimated delivery date of 3/06/14. I ordered within a hour when it was available to be ordered. It said Shipped in 1 to 3 weeks when I ordered. If you go to order a Thinkpad 8 now it shows 3 to 4 weeks. Guess they weren't expecting so many orders. The 27th of February isn't shipped within 3 weeks. Hopefully it will be shipped earlier. Fingers crossed!

Yonic Boom

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I received a similar estimated shipping and delivery date (2/28 and 3/07 respectively). I'm disappointed. In the grand scheme of things waiting a month isn't a big deal, but I already feel like I've been waiting for this tablet for awhile.

tp2386

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine last night for my birthday. Unfortunately, they were out of the covers. It sucks that we have to wait a whole month for our tablets.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine last night for my birthday. Unfortunately, they were out of the covers. It sucks that we have to wait a whole month for our tablets.

They were really out of covers? Did you see it while configuring your tablet? It should of been an option. Just making sure you didn't accidentally overlook it. And yeah I'm really bummed about waiting a whole month also. Oh well. Nothing we can do about it.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm bummed as well as they have my money but I have no tablet. That's a long time to wait. They should said preorder and not order as that would allowed people to expect a longer date for shipment. The only status it says is released to MFR. $502 total with cover and shipping. I won't need 128GB as I'm not productive like that but I'm second guessing if I have time to change my order

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm bummed as well as they have my money but I have no tablet. That's a long time to wait. They should said preorder and not order as that would allowed people to expect a longer date for shipment. The only status it says is released to MFR. $502 total with cover and shipping. I won't need 128GB as I'm not productive like that but I'm second guessing if I have time to change my order
Do they really have our money yet? Or do they wait to charge when shipped? I haven't checked my account to know for sure. Need to though but in a snowstorm at the moment. I went for the 128gb with Pro since I used a 10% discount. I plan on using mine for college and some work related things.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok here's the deal with everything guys.

I just got off the phone with Lenovo. There's a delay in shipment because they are waiting for their supplier to bring the batteries for the ThinkPad. In addition these will be shipped from China Factory via UPS Ground. No charges will be made on accounts until shipment has been sent, which an email will notify you of it. Of course if the batteries come in sooner they will be shipped so all we can do is wait and check. The lady was very informative and let me know everything. You return policy will not go into effect into shipment has been confirmed and there's a no hassle return and they will pay for any return and refund full amount with no restock fees.

Hope this help ya'll.

tp2386

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
They were really out of covers? Did you see it while configuring your tablet? It should of been an option. Just making sure you didn't accidentally overlook it. And yeah I'm really bummed about waiting a whole month also. Oh well. Nothing we can do about it.
They were out of the covers for sure. I chatted online and called.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
The Thinkpad 8 is available to order now! It says it ships in 1 - 3 weeks! I just order myself a 128gb with windows 8.1 Pro and a cover. The link is below. Thought I would give everyone a heads up also I tipped wpcentral. Not sure how quick they will respond since it is late.

ThinkPad 8 Dockable Windows 8 Business Tablet | Lenovo (US)
Nice! That looks like a great quality tablet. I especially like that it has a microHDMI port in addition to usb.

CrusaderIce

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys the price of the tablet has dropped to 379 on the lenovo website, i'm sure those of you who already bought it can get it price matched.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
In reply to WillysJeepMan
Yep! I'm super excited for it. I think the only big flaw would be that the Micro USB is the charging port as well. But I don't imagine dedicating my USB port to something for a long time. It also get around 8 hours on average of battery life they say. So that probably won't be that big of an issue.

In reply to CrusaderIce
Yeah it has dropped for the starting price. I went back and made my exact configuration and would up spending more if I went to their new pricing. Windows 8 Pro was $50 when I ordered and is now $100. So instead of saving $20 I would add another $30. I used a 10% discount when I order to begin with so I'm happy with my purchase. I also made sure to print and email myself a copy of what I ordered incase they try to charge me more.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys the price of the tablet has dropped to 379 on the lenovo website, i'm sure those of you who already bought it can get it price matched.

IT's not showing anymore. I tried calling Lenovo but this look dumbfounded because the price is now gone.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
In reply to WillysJeepMan
Yep! I'm super excited for it. I think the only big flaw would be that the Micro USB is the charging port as well. But I don't imagine dedicating my USB port to something for a long time. It also get around 8 hours on average of battery life they say. So that probably won't be that big of an issue.
True. I'd be curious if their USB dock is capable of charging and driving accessories simultaneously. If so, I may have just found my full Win8 tablet. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3