04-22-2014 09:03 AM
112 123 ...
tools
    The Thinkpad 8 is available to order now! It says it ships in 1 - 3 weeks! I just order myself a 128gb with windows 8.1 Pro and a cover. The link is below. Thought I would give everyone a heads up also I tipped wpcentral. Not sure how quick they will respond since it is late.

ThinkPad 8 Dockable Windows 8 Business Tablet | Lenovo (US)
    Laura Knotek and Joseph Godoy like this.
    01-29-2014 12:41 AM
    Nice! Did they tell you when it will arrive?
    01-29-2014 12:44 AM
    TBH, I think that Windows is the best platform for a tablet, after a little bit of tweeks (when I get one, I will remove the Desktop tile, with the hope I don't go there, and I think they should update office with the option to run in the metro part).

but seriously, Windows on tablets is WOW. Android on Tablets - I have no idea what these guys are doing. Apple on tablet is fare although it shares the same philosophy as Android, its just iOS on a larger screen.

ill be either getting a Surface 2 or ^this

Edit: I'm more towards the Windows RT as I think its more suitable as an extension to my laptop, and a better content browser than my Lumia 920.
    01-29-2014 12:48 AM
    Sadly no. I tried to check the order details on the site for my order. But it had issues. I then checked my email and they sent me the order details. It doesn't say a specific date. It says I should wait 2 hours for a update. So hopefully tomorrow I will know.

(Reply to Laura)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-29-2014 12:52 AM
    Anyone else order a Thinkpad 8? Curious on to see if others ordered and to see who got the 64gb or the 128gb. Also if anyone choose 8.1 pro instead of 8.1.
    01-29-2014 04:45 PM
    Err.. Got a estimated ship date of 2/27/14 and estimated delivery date of 3/06/14. I ordered within a hour when it was available to be ordered. It said Shipped in 1 to 3 weeks when I ordered. If you go to order a Thinkpad 8 now it shows 3 to 4 weeks. Guess they weren't expecting so many orders. The 27th of February isn't shipped within 3 weeks. Hopefully it will be shipped earlier. Fingers crossed!
    01-30-2014 01:59 PM
    I received a similar estimated shipping and delivery date (2/28 and 3/07 respectively). I'm disappointed. In the grand scheme of things waiting a month isn't a big deal, but I already feel like I've been waiting for this tablet for awhile.
    01-31-2014 01:07 AM
    Ordered mine last night for my birthday. Unfortunately, they were out of the covers. It sucks that we have to wait a whole month for our tablets.
    xboxonthego3 likes this.
    02-04-2014 02:01 PM
    Ordered mine last night for my birthday. Unfortunately, they were out of the covers. It sucks that we have to wait a whole month for our tablets.
    They were really out of covers? Did you see it while configuring your tablet? It should of been an option. Just making sure you didn't accidentally overlook it. And yeah I'm really bummed about waiting a whole month also. Oh well. Nothing we can do about it.
    02-04-2014 03:09 PM
    I'm bummed as well as they have my money but I have no tablet. That's a long time to wait. They should said preorder and not order as that would allowed people to expect a longer date for shipment. The only status it says is released to MFR. $502 total with cover and shipping. I won't need 128GB as I'm not productive like that but I'm second guessing if I have time to change my order
    02-04-2014 04:01 PM
    I'm bummed as well as they have my money but I have no tablet. That's a long time to wait. They should said preorder and not order as that would allowed people to expect a longer date for shipment. The only status it says is released to MFR. $502 total with cover and shipping. I won't need 128GB as I'm not productive like that but I'm second guessing if I have time to change my order
    Do they really have our money yet? Or do they wait to charge when shipped? I haven't checked my account to know for sure. Need to though but in a snowstorm at the moment. I went for the 128gb with Pro since I used a 10% discount. I plan on using mine for college and some work related things.
    02-04-2014 04:06 PM
    Ok here's the deal with everything guys.

I just got off the phone with Lenovo. There's a delay in shipment because they are waiting for their supplier to bring the batteries for the ThinkPad. In addition these will be shipped from China Factory via UPS Ground. No charges will be made on accounts until shipment has been sent, which an email will notify you of it. Of course if the batteries come in sooner they will be shipped so all we can do is wait and check. The lady was very informative and let me know everything. You return policy will not go into effect into shipment has been confirmed and there's a no hassle return and they will pay for any return and refund full amount with no restock fees.

Hope this help ya'll.
    xboxonthego3 and tp2386 like this.
    02-04-2014 04:21 PM
    They were really out of covers? Did you see it while configuring your tablet? It should of been an option. Just making sure you didn't accidentally overlook it. And yeah I'm really bummed about waiting a whole month also. Oh well. Nothing we can do about it.
    They were out of the covers for sure. I chatted online and called.
    02-04-2014 07:49 PM
    The Thinkpad 8 is available to order now! It says it ships in 1 - 3 weeks! I just order myself a 128gb with windows 8.1 Pro and a cover. The link is below. Thought I would give everyone a heads up also I tipped wpcentral. Not sure how quick they will respond since it is late.

ThinkPad 8 Dockable Windows 8 Business Tablet | Lenovo (US)
    Nice! That looks like a great quality tablet. I especially like that it has a microHDMI port in addition to usb.
    02-06-2014 02:56 PM
    Hey guys the price of the tablet has dropped to 379 on the lenovo website, i'm sure those of you who already bought it can get it price matched.
    02-06-2014 03:04 PM
    In reply to WillysJeepMan
    Yep! I'm super excited for it. I think the only big flaw would be that the Micro USB is the charging port as well. But I don't imagine dedicating my USB port to something for a long time. It also get around 8 hours on average of battery life they say. So that probably won't be that big of an issue.

In reply to CrusaderIce
    Yeah it has dropped for the starting price. I went back and made my exact configuration and would up spending more if I went to their new pricing. Windows 8 Pro was $50 when I ordered and is now $100. So instead of saving $20 I would add another $30. I used a 10% discount when I order to begin with so I'm happy with my purchase. I also made sure to print and email myself a copy of what I ordered incase they try to charge me more.
    02-06-2014 03:52 PM
    Hey guys the price of the tablet has dropped to 379 on the lenovo website, i'm sure those of you who already bought it can get it price matched.
    IT's not showing anymore. I tried calling Lenovo but this look dumbfounded because the price is now gone.
    02-07-2014 10:22 AM
    IT's not showing anymore. I tried calling Lenovo but this look dumbfounded because the price is now gone.
    It was $379 yesterday (Thursday). I just checked now, $399. stinkers.
    02-07-2014 12:32 PM
    In reply to WillysJeepMan
    Yep! I'm super excited for it. I think the only big flaw would be that the Micro USB is the charging port as well. But I don't imagine dedicating my USB port to something for a long time. It also get around 8 hours on average of battery life they say. So that probably won't be that big of an issue.
    True. I'd be curious if their USB dock is capable of charging and driving accessories simultaneously. If so, I may have just found my full Win8 tablet. :D
    02-07-2014 12:39 PM
    True. I'd be curious if their USB dock is capable of charging and driving accessories simultaneously. If so, I may have just found my full Win8 tablet. :D
    Here is a link to another thread I created. http://forums.windowscentral.com/upc...d-via-usb.html It talks more about the USB dock.
    02-07-2014 02:04 PM
    Hey! I just checked the Lenovo website. Looked at the Thinkpad 8. If you order it now it ships in 5-7 days. I checked my order from 1/30. It still has an estimated ship date of 2/27. And delivery date of 3/06. It's the 2/10. Ship date would be 7 days at the most and another 5 business days would possibly give it a delivery date of the 24th or maybe the 25th. Hopefully my order's ship date will be updated soon. Wondering if anyone else's ship dates have been updated?
    02-10-2014 08:55 PM
    Hey! I just checked the Lenovo website. Looked at the Thinkpad 8. If you order it now it ships in 5-7 days. I checked my order from 1/30. It still has an estimated ship date of 2/27. And delivery date of 3/06. It's the 2/10. Ship date would be 7 days at the most and another 5 business days would possibly give it a delivery date of the 24th or maybe the 25th. Hopefully my order's ship date will be updated soon. Wondering if anyone else's ship dates have been updated?
    been waiting for this to shipped. I feel like I'm waiting for Nokia Keyboard to be shipped all over again.
    02-11-2014 08:41 AM
    lol. That sucks. I just checked my order again this morning nothing has changed. I'm ok with waiting a little while I suppose. But I ordered within the first few hours of being available to order. So I expect to be one of the first ones to get shipped my tablet. Not one week or two weeks after someone who order's today. I'll give them a call end of day tomorrow if the estimated ship date doesn't change.
    02-11-2014 09:25 AM
    Ordered Mine yesterday as I saw it was the price I originally heard it was going to be and was prepared to pay. I naturally wanted the 128gb option as 64gb would not be able to do it at all. I used the first customer 10% off bonus as well to get it for $485. I forgot actually to order the cover, but i will wait until i have it in my hands, to decide if i want to get the cover or not. So no one has theirs yet? I shouldn't really think much about the reviews then?
    02-11-2014 11:59 AM
    Yeah I don't think anyone has it or very few and because of that I wouldn't pay any attention to the reviews that are on the Lenovo's website.
    02-11-2014 12:05 PM
112 123 ...