Do I need a digitizer to take notes on my future tablet?

hiver2601

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
(Handwritten, that is)

I am new to digital saving of handwriting and writing on a screen, have no need to draw anything, just taking notes from meetings and such. I understand it could work with MS Onenote or similar software

Should I wait for the optimal future 8 incher with Wacom support? Or could I achieve sufficient results with any type of stylus?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion an active stylus is the best stylus. Wacom is the best from what I hear. I have one on my tablet. Love it. It is nice being able to rest your palm on the screen without it messing things up. It makes digital handwriting natural. There is a "Asus Note 8" tablet I believe it is called that is 8 inches and has Wacom support. It comes with the Stylus. It was just released today from the Microsoft store online. But from articles I have read it has sold out rather quickly.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
(Handwritten, that is)

I am new to digital saving of handwriting and writing on a screen, have no need to draw anything, just taking notes from meetings and such. I understand it could work with MS Onenote or similar software

Should I wait for the optimal future 8 incher with Wacom support? Or could I achieve sufficient results with any type of stylus?

Thanks

If it is that important to you then you should wait it out. The Surface tablets that do not have an active digitizer are inferior to what other capacitive touch tablets (like the iPad) can do. If you need to get one now, I'd recommend a Surface and an Adonit Jot stylus. The Surface RT/2 does not do well with the foam or rubber tip styli.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I would strongly advise a Wacom-capable digitizer, but I don't know of any apps that negate wrists or palms from making marks. Effectively that is. There are some good apps for the iPad but they're all susceptible to stray marks. If you're looking for a Windows Journal-type experience, that went out with active digitizers and XP Tablet Edition. Believe me when I tell you I've tried just about every combination of screens (capacitive & resistive), styli, etc. and I've resigned myself to carry my trusty old HP TC1100 anchor when I go into meetings. At least the keyboard is detachable. Please, let us all know if you come up with a good solution.

hiver2601

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys, will let you know once I make a decision. Does seem like the new 8 inch Asus with wacom is my best bet currently, so will give it some time to read user reviews once they trickle in...

Rgds, M

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte