Asus VivoTab Note 8 went on sale today at Microsoft store Online

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

l cs

May 20, 2013
Visit site
It's interesting but it dont have a SIM slot. I'm after a tablet from Nokia, powered by Windows 8.1 Pro, with SIM slot, Wacom digitizer, GPS (support HERE Maps), 20/41MP PureView camera.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Dang. That's a pretty steep price change. Supply and demand I suppose.
No kidding, it's just a good deal (with the Wacom digitizer). I suspected early on that there'd be a price hike from the originally-set $299, the pen stuff is a real selling point for a fair number of people.

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I really like it. For me the pen -- and especially that it stores in the body of the tablet itself -- was the big selling point over, say, the Dell Venue 8 Pro. The pen is a bit of a matchstick, but still comes in handy for taking notes etc.
The screen is nice and bright.
There was 17.6GB free space out of the box.

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
They must have gotten an early batch of these bad boys and then sold 'em out. This tablet doesn't even appear on Asus own web site! (EDIT: it's here: http://www.asus.com/Tablets_Mobile/ASUS_VivoTab_Note_8_M80TA)

I did notice on Friday night (2/14/2014) that they had one on display in the Bellevue, WA Microsoft store. Not sure what that means in terms of whether they have them in stock (sometimes stock in the stores in different from what you see on the MS Store website).

I want to find a case for it but I imagine that will have to wait until they are *actually* released and available (as opposed to some kind of soft launch we just saw).

Last edited:

architxt

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine in Taiwan for about 370 USD, which is cheaper than how much it costs here in Australia (around $450 + delivery). I got the 64GB version.

So far so good. Actually, very good. I think the size is perfect for browsing, reading and note taking. The active digitizer, of course, is the killer feature. The OneNote app is fantastic (and good to have the full version available too - free).

I'm also very impressed how well Windows 8.1 works at this size. I was already a fan of the OS on my desktop but now can appreaciate how well thought out the system is for touch.

PS Shouldn't WP Central open an Asus VivoTab Note 8 forum?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb