Lenovo ThinkPad 8.

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It just arrived. For anyone in Canada who is interested in getting one go to the Lenovo.com/ca site. That's where I ordered it from . It took longer than expected. 17 days. The packaging is very nice. It's black and red. The contents are very basic coming with a wall charger and micro usb 3 wire. They do ship it in a protective sleeve which is nice but it's not something that is meant to be carried around. It also has the standard office product key with the paperwork. So far I'm having a good initial experience. Like normal it is going through the onslaught of updated that comes with Windows.

One quick point. You have to plug it in before you can turn it on and do the initial start up.

Any chance of getting a Lenovo ThinkPad 8 tablet page?

Last edited:

reda2006

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your post I ordered mine yesterday it should be shipped around the 24 of March I wish I will get it on time since a lot of people complain about a serious delay thanks again

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

reda2006

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Please when did you order it and how long it took and is it UPS that delivered it thanks

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I ordered mine on Feb 3rd, and i'm still waiting for it to ship. I only ordered the stock model.

I would chat with them online. I had to because my estimated shipping date was April. So I chatted with them asking what the heck was going on. After the chat the ship date was changed.

reda2006

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I would chat with them online. I had to because my estimated shipping date was April. So I chatted with them asking what the heck was going on. After the chat the ship date was changed.

Hi if you get your machine let's us know of course with a nice review

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
So I finally got my tablet yesterday. Immediately you can tell the quality of this machine is definitely up there. I got mine with the cover and I definitely think that if you get this tablet you should get the cover as well. The battery life quickly drains but considering the beautiful screen it's understandable. I would definitely recommend getting the bigger hard drive. I went with just 64gb which leaves you with a little over half. I got the one with Windows 8.1 so that I would have Microsoft Office. Ill keep using it to post more about it.

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
So I've had the Lenovo ThinkPad 8 for almost an entire week. This machine is awesome. Pretty much anything I throw at it the machine keeps up and doesn't slow down at all. Only small little annoying things I have found so far is sometimes when I close the smart cover and open the cover up the Thinkpad's screen take a while to come back on. I just ordered a USB 3.0 OTG cord to see if it will work with the Thinkpad. I still can't get over with how great the screen is. I don't have to squint or strain my eyes at all to read what's on screen. I also have ordered a bluetooth mouse. Once I get these items in I'll let you guys know how well they do.

tp2386

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So I've had the Lenovo ThinkPad 8 for almost an entire week. This machine is awesome. Pretty much anything I throw at it the machine keeps up and doesn't slow down at all. Only small little annoying things I have found so far is sometimes when I close the smart cover and open the cover up the Thinkpad's screen take a while to come back on. I just ordered a USB 3.0 OTG cord to see if it will work with the Thinkpad. I still can't get over with how great the screen is. I don't have to squint or strain my eyes at all to read what's on screen. I also have ordered a bluetooth mouse. Once I get these items in I'll let you guys know how well they do.

Have you had any problems connecting your thinkpad to your pc with the included cable?

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
So I tried plugging my Thinkpad to my computer with both the wire that it comes with and my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 wire and neither one worked it just charged the tablet. I wonder if they will make an update so that the computer can recognize that the tablet is connected.

tp2386

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Silly me, I had the surface 2 before getting the thinkpad 8. I forgot the surface 2 was RT, and that's why it connected to my pc by usb. Thanks for checking anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99