Facebook App issue

createwww

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Got home tonight, booted up my Surface Pro 2 to jump on Facebook app and it asked me for my user name and password, which was strange. Now when I go into the app I get no feeds, friends, messages etc..... everything is blank apart from the layout.

I uninstalled Facebook App, restarted windows surface pro 2 and re-installed Facebook app. Still the same problems. I can however log in with my sons Facebook account so I am guessing more to do with my account and not the app and my Facebook account works fine through internet explorer.

Anyone had this issue and how was it resolved?????

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Are there any error messages after you log into facebook via IE?

It could also be an issue with your privacy settings

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Thank goodness someone is having this issue!

Recently I changed my Facebook password, and ever since, the Facebook app for Windows 8.1 has been broken. It looks like it logs me in but then no data actually shows up in the app. This happens regardless of the wireless network I'm on, and happens on my Surface and my desktop.

I'm going to check into my FB privacy settings.

createwww

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I have tried all my settings but can't find anything. Let me know if you do get anything. Also I tried my account on my sons surface and it didn't work on his either so it is definitely an account issue and not an app issue.

By the way the Facebook app on my Blackberry Bold is working fine.

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I can't find anything pertinent either...its really frustrating. At least you can tell its an account issue, that's something.

Carkid367

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know that I would say its an account issue, I'm having the same problem. And it appears that a bunch of recent reviews are saying the same 😞

createwww

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Has to be an account issue as other peoples accounts work on my surface and my account does not work on their surface.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3