03-25-2014 02:41 PM
35 12
tools
    I quoted myself, oops...
    03-24-2014 04:10 PM
    If you're in the business if only playing with apps and games, then Android is preferable to Windows, but then iOS is much more preferable in that regard to Android.

The best combination (IMHO) is having a Surface Pro for all matters related to work and productivity, and an iPad for all consumption and multimedia. The fact that Xbox Music, Video and many other Microsoft services are available on iOS makes it easy for you to extend what you do on the Pro to iOS.
    Brecht Callens likes this.
    03-24-2014 04:36 PM
    Why would any sane, well-informed person?? Unfortunately, common sense isn't so common these days.
    You are being fallacious. "Why would any sane, well-informed person [choose that]." Is it really insane to want something that is not what you like?
    03-24-2014 05:08 PM
    If you're in the business if only playing with apps and games, then Android is preferable to Windows, but then iOS is much more preferable in that regard to Android.

The best combination (IMHO) is having a Surface Pro for all matters related to work and productivity, and an iPad for all consumption and multimedia. The fact that Xbox Music, Video and many other Microsoft services are available on iOS makes it easy for you to extend what you do on the Pro to iOS.
    This man needs to become president. Nice speech! :)
    03-24-2014 05:20 PM
    You are being fallacious. "Why would any sane, well-informed person [choose that]." Is it really insane to want something that is not what you like?
    No. It is not. However, mis-information is prevalent these days. Folks are told what to like, eat, wear, etc. Hence the well-informed remark.
    exkerZ likes this.
    03-24-2014 05:32 PM
    Okay, to break the momentum of this thread...

Now, I'd pick a Windows tablet IF the size is 10" or more. (11-12" is the sweet spot for me.) Why, you ask? The desktop is actually partially usable by that point in time, assuming you're using something with a 1280*800 screen.

Also, snap works brilliantly and certain extreme low-cost tablets (Asus T100, for example) have actual keyboard docks. As a bonus, you could dock it to a monitor, and connect a keyboard + mouse combo, and place it on top of a desk. The result should be obvious.

Unfortunately, Windows isn't exactly friendly to 7-8" tablets, so I can't recommend it...yet.
    03-24-2014 06:18 PM
    Haha alright, just pointing that out ;)
    03-24-2014 06:47 PM
    Haha alright, just pointing that out ;)
    ;)
    03-24-2014 07:48 PM
    This man needs to become president. Nice speech! :)
    I know, right? :P
    Brecht Callens likes this.
    03-25-2014 12:57 AM
    I have a Dell Venue Pro 8 and a Nexus 7 (2013). I only use my nexus for candy crush. My DVP8 is faster, perfect size, better quality of apps (android apps crash frequently) and more beautiful. The full screen browser is very nice too. And... Office included.
    03-25-2014 02:41 PM
35 12