top 10 reasons to choose a Windows Tablet over android....

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
If I'm going to spend towards $300 for another device, I don't want a bigger version of a phone. I just don't. That's basically going to be a computer replacement

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
If I'm going to spend towards $300 for another device, I don't want a bigger version of a phone. I just don't. That's basically going to be a computer replacement

Why would any sane, well-informed person?? Unfortunately, common sense isn't so common these days.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Psycho, I know. The DVP8 & Miix3 are great machines. I almost bought an Asus T100, but opted for the Lenovo Flex 10 because of full size ports, storage, x64, 10 point touch & the fact that it basically turns into a tablet I don't have to hold.

But you agreed with me as well, one with such a device, only needs an inexpensive hub-type solution to experience all the "addability" that you get with a full Win8.1 machine.

Well, if you consider $79 inexpensive in the case of a decently powered dock with display adapter and USB ports and $15-$30 for a pass through cable to allow the tablet to charge when hooked up to it. ;)

And I'm not sure how you figure I agreed with you since I pointed out they don't all have ports. ??

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, if you consider $79 inexpensive in the case of a decently powered dock with display adapter and USB ports and $15-$30 for a pass through cable to allow the tablet to charge when hooked up to it. ;)

And I'm not sure how you figure I agreed with you since I pointed out they don't all have ports. ??

I'm agreeing with you. Your points are what drove me towards my purchase. With my Flex 10, I don't need an SD card, I have a 300gb HD. I don't need micro USB to regular adaptors, same for HDMI. It also has its own charging port. For the same functionality and ease of connectivity, I'd have had to spend an extra $150+. As is, I got my device for $320 amd am able to use accessories/cables I already own. These are the things that people should consider when they're out shopping.

Educated shoppers are the best shoppers.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm agreeing with you. Your points are what drove me towards my purchase. With my Flex 10, I don't need an SD card, don't need micro USB to regular adaptors, same for HDMI. It also has its own charging port. For the same functionality and ease of connectivity, I'd have had to spend an extra $100+. These are the things that people MUST consider when they're out shopping.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
If you're in the business if only playing with apps and games, then Android is preferable to Windows, but then iOS is much more preferable in that regard to Android.

The best combination (IMHO) is having a Surface Pro for all matters related to work and productivity, and an iPad for all consumption and multimedia. The fact that Xbox Music, Video and many other Microsoft services are available on iOS makes it easy for you to extend what you do on the Pro to iOS.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Why would any sane, well-informed person?? Unfortunately, common sense isn't so common these days.

You are being fallacious. "Why would any sane, well-informed person [choose that]." Is it really insane to want something that is not what you like?

Brecht Callens

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
If you're in the business if only playing with apps and games, then Android is preferable to Windows, but then iOS is much more preferable in that regard to Android.

The best combination (IMHO) is having a Surface Pro for all matters related to work and productivity, and an iPad for all consumption and multimedia. The fact that Xbox Music, Video and many other Microsoft services are available on iOS makes it easy for you to extend what you do on the Pro to iOS.

This man needs to become president. Nice speech! :)

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
You are being fallacious. "Why would any sane, well-informed person [choose that]." Is it really insane to want something that is not what you like?

No. It is not. However, mis-information is prevalent these days. Folks are told what to like, eat, wear, etc. Hence the well-informed remark.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, to break the momentum of this thread...

Now, I'd pick a Windows tablet IF the size is 10" or more. (11-12" is the sweet spot for me.) Why, you ask? The desktop is actually partially usable by that point in time, assuming you're using something with a 1280*800 screen.

Also, snap works brilliantly and certain extreme low-cost tablets (Asus T100, for example) have actual keyboard docks. As a bonus, you could dock it to a monitor, and connect a keyboard + mouse combo, and place it on top of a desk. The result should be obvious.

Unfortunately, Windows isn't exactly friendly to 7-8" tablets, so I can't recommend it...yet.

bdesm

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a Dell Venue Pro 8 and a Nexus 7 (2013). I only use my nexus for candy crush. My DVP8 is faster, perfect size, better quality of apps (android apps crash frequently) and more beautiful. The full screen browser is very nice too. And... Office included.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3