top 10 reasons to choose a Windows Tablet over android....

anon(6145529)

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
So, i am looking forward to buy a tablet. (not the Surface or Lumia 2250 as i live in India), so i am confused whether to go for a nexus 7 or windows tablet. All i need is good battery backup, awesome storage space and clear sharp display... So plz gimme top 10 reasons why to choose windows over android.. (Lumia 720 User and loving it... <3)!!!

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
For me the best reason is that you're getting a tablet with no compromises. I mean seriously, it's a full PC that is extremely light, portable and flexible. What more could you want? I'm still amazed every single day by my Dell Venue 8 Pro. Probably the best electronics purchase I've ever made.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
You can do much more, spending more or less the same amount of money (talking about non premium models). They cannot be even compared!!

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Cleaner OS overall, less nonsense.
More of a Pc like in terms of productivity, more ram also.
In my opinion a better UI, and (almost) no slowdowns

Last edited:

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Instead of 10, I'll give you the big one that I found:
I was working on the Microsoft contract for my job in a meeting. Everyone on their ipads had to keep double tapping, referring back and forth between "apps". I was easily able to open the document while adding to another document, and then I'm them the updated info. All on one screen.

Don't get me wrong, I miss all the games, etc, but currently my life doesn't include much game time.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I will always love android more than the windows system, but everyone here is right. Productivity and ability to do more than android. The only reason I keep my android is flexibility of hacking it, and the apps that it has. Also, access to amazon app store and their daily free apps when they have good ones.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Instead of 10, I'll give you the big one that I found:
I was working on the Microsoft contract for my job in a meeting. Everyone on their ipads had to keep double tapping, referring back and forth between "apps". I was easily able to open the document while adding to another document, and then I'm them the updated info. All on one screen.

Don't get me wrong, I miss all the games, etc, but currently my life doesn't include much game time.

Do you still think it's pretty?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
The one thing I can't understand is why the 8" Windows 8 tablets are so heavy - they all come in around 1.5 lbs when the iPad and Android Tablets all come in under a 1 lb. Also, while a IPS screen helps the PPI on 1280x800 screen @ 8" versus the retina iPads or 1080P of the Android tablets is excellent. And I do plenty of work with the office compatible suites on Android (Kingsoft Office and Office Suite Pro).

birgs

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
The one thing I can't understand is why the 8" Windows 8 tablets are so heavy - they all come in around 1.5 lbs when the iPad and Android Tablets all come in under a 1 lb. Also, while a IPS screen helps the PPI on 1280x800 screen @ 8" versus the retina iPads or 1080P of the Android tablets is excellent. And I do plenty of work with the office compatible suites on Android (Kingsoft Office and Office Suite Pro).
because it's completely powerful laptop or desktop that can make any programs ,not a smartphone operating system.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
You're not gonna get 10, you could, but....

1. Its a full PC if you want it to be.

2. Ports. With a Win8.1 machine you'll get USB, HDMI, etc.

3. Not just apps, but full fledged programs. AutoCAD, PhotoShop, etc.

4. Super easy integration.

5. Price, I got my Lenovo Flex 10 dual mode device for $319. 300gb HD, x64 W8.1. A DVP 8 is selling for like $250.

6. Office........

I'm gonna stop there. You get the point.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
2. Ports. With a Win8.1 machine you'll get USB, HDMI, etc.

Actually that kind of depends. A lot of the smaller tablets dont have those. For example, my Venue 8 Pro and the Lenovo Miix 2 run full Windows 8.1 but due to their 8" size only have a single Micro USB port. You can still hook them up to a monitor via an OTG and a dock or Display port adaptor, but yeah. You get the picture. Just wanted to clarify that that's not al days the case.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually that kind of depends. A lot of the smaller tablets dont have those. For example, my Venue 8 Pro and the Lenovo Miix 2 run full Windows 8.1 but due to their 8" size only have a single Micro USB port. You can still hook them up to a monitor via an OTG and a dock or Display port adaptor, but yeah. You get the picture. Just wanted to clarify that that's not al days the case.

Psycho, I know. The DVP8 & Miix3 are great machines. I almost bought an Asus T100, but opted for the Lenovo Flex 10 because of full size ports, storage, x64, 10 point touch & the fact that it basically turns into a tablet I don't have to hold.

But you agreed with me as well, one with such a device, only needs an inexpensive hub-type solution to experience all the "addability" that you get with a full Win8.1 machine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3