Offline Album Art in Now Playing for Xbox Music

katxstate

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, new to the forum, but I've been reading the site for quite a long time. I wanted to see if I could get an answer to a very small issue.

First off, let me tell you that I am using a Surface Pro 2. At home and at work I am connected to the internet, so not a big deal. But when I'm in my car (connected through blue tooth) or on a plane (which is a LOT of the time), I have no internet connection. Now, in Xbox Music, they have brought back the "Now Playing" feature (which I love!). The only issue is that it displays the album art in the Now Playing portion of the app only when connected to the internet. Meaning that the album art/artist art is not saved locally on my machine. I really enjoy looking at the album art while listening to my music (call it my ADD). Since I am offline a lot of the time, I just get a blank black screen with the default shadow image of a CD. Is there anyway to download the album/artist art locally so that when I play my music and go to now playing, it will show that art? Zune had it... which is a complaint that is getting old (trust me, I know). So, is there a way? Any advise in the matter is greatly appreciate. Thanks.

Adam.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
my laptop does show the photo of the artist when offline. It seems like you have to leave the Now Playing on the screen when you're online so that it can download.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism