How to slim down the size of apps?

gary70

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
My tablet is lumia 2520. I checked my disk space today and found my system disk was going to be fully occupied, only 1G free space left! I checked immediately and found all the apps I used are growing bigger! I run an app that I never used, it grows from 16KB to 4.76MB immediately. Asphalt 8 has grown to more than 5G! Does any one encountered this situation? I guess there are some temporary files in the apps but how can I release them? I can't just sit and watch those apps eat up all the free space.:cry:

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
That does seem a bit extreme for Asphalt 8. My heavily used installation on iOS takes 1.7GB. Maybe you can remove it and reinstall? On iOS your player data is backed up to the cloud - although I can't guarantee the same for WP.

gary70

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
That does seem a bit extreme for Asphalt 8. My heavily used installation on iOS takes 1.7GB. Maybe you can remove it and reinstall? On iOS your player data is backed up to the cloud - although I can't guarantee the same for WP.
If reinstallation is the only way, it'll spare me too much effort, since there're so many apps in the tablet! And windows doesn't upload game savings to the cloud.
By the way, the tablet is running windows rt 8.1, not winphone. Is there any other option?

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
If reinstallation is the only way, it'll spare me too much effort, since there're so many apps in the tablet! And windows doesn't upload game savings to the cloud.
By the way, the tablet is running windows rt 8.1, not winphone. Is there any other option?

I believe Asphalt 8 backs data up to the cloud of the app provider, not Apple (at least, on iOS).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb