Manel Fera

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm searching a tablet that meets these specifications:
  • CPU: core i5 or greater
  • RAM: 8Gb
  • SO: Windows 8.1 Pro
  • HD: 256 Gb SSD
  • GPU: I don't know how are the intel integrated graphics but something that meets my needs.
I want the tablet to replace my laptop (Core 2 Duo, 4Gb RAM). As a software developer and musician the primary uses I will get for it would be:
  • Programming and developing for WP and want it to being able to run the emulators.
  • Recording and editing music.
  • Editing videos for the music recorded.
I know there are tablets less powerful but they won't match my uses. Also there is plenty of laptops and PCs of all kinds that would run perfectly for what I'm going to use the tablet but I'm searching for the mobility that could bring to me the tablet.

I know there's the Surface Pro 2, and I've found two Sony (Tap and Duo) that are available but only in the U.S. and I'm looking for the European versions.
The price might be more or less 1,500€.
(I've searched in forums and over internet and that's the only I've found)
Thanks a lot! :)

Last edited:

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I understand the desire for a powerful tablet but you can get many really nice tablets (i3, Intel Atom) for less than half of that. The Surface 2 is half that too.

But if you really wanna go high end you can check out the Dell XPS, or Lenovo ideapad Yoga.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
One you should look at is the Dell Venue 11 Pro. It's a tablet that comes in various configurations both above and below the Surface Pro 2 along with a nice compliment of accessories.
At the bottom of the line is the Bay Trail Atom model which won't meet those requirements you outlines, but higher up you have Core i5 and i7 models that will fit the bill.

I don't think you will really get anything better than Intel Integrated graphics in a tablet today, but I believe it will be more than a match for that work. Although I don't know how well video editing will stack up, but it will all-but-certainly be better than that laptop I would think.

You already found the SP2.
Another option is a hybrid/convertible device like the Dell XPS 12(???) as already has been suggested.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3