Best taking notes tablet

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey what is the best (with reasonable price) tablet to takes notes with. That also have great pen implementation

SP3 starts $100 cheaper than the Pro 2 did, it's a little pricey with the type cover true but IMHO every other device I have seen & used at my high school lacks the versatility and power (plus the pen capabilities) of the Surface Pro tablets. If you can't find a reasonably priced SP2 or SP3, the Surface 2 is a nice device, comes with Office but lacks the active pen digitiser. Your choice on which compromise you want to make - but as a SP2 owner I'm finding it a near-perfect device for note-taking

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Hey what is the best (with reasonable price) tablet to takes notes with. That also have great pen implementation
I suggest doing some research into the Dell Venue 8 Pro. I understand that the first wave of devices had issues and the 1st gen pen was not the best, but I've been hearing good things about the latest firmware and 2nd gen pen. $200 DV8P + $40 pen. Worth looking into. I'm seriously considering trading my Surface 2 in to get one.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I really don't think you are going to want a tablet larger than 12 inches lol

I know there are some, but none with stylus support as far as I know.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I really don't think you are going to want a tablet larger than 12 inches lol

I know there are some, but none with stylus support as far as I know.

Windows Journal is my most important program. The RT series does not support it which is a shame. From personal experience I can tell you that even a 12" tablet is a chore. I'm 6' and 210 so I'm not exactly a wimpy kid. An 8-9" model is what I would consider the ideal size unless you're sitting at a desk. Note taking from a stationary position can be done with any size tablet, but if you're jotting on the go, stay small.

MrSimmix

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm forced to use an Android tablet at my school, so I chose to get the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, it's a good tablet that is cheap compared to some of the other note taking tablets out there. Unfortunately google isn't really supporting the tablet by releasing OS updates (I'm still running jellybean 4.2 or whatever it's called.). The note taking capabilities are good but they can be better. If you are using a Windows PC and a Windows Phone I would recommend that you look at the Dell Venue 8 Pro, Surface Pro 2 and Surface Pro 3. The nice thing about using a Windows Tablet is that the notes will sync across all your devices (IF you use an app that's available on all the devices, such as One Note).
Imagine you make a note on your Surface Pro 3 about what you need to buy next time you are at the shop. Now you don't want to bring your Pro 3 with you to the shop, because it's too big. So you take your Windows Phone instead. Now you arrive at the shop and you can look at the note (that you made on your tablet) on your phone. While shoping you see a new Windows Phone. it peeks your interest but you don't have time to look at it right now, so you make a note on your phone to go check out the Lumia Goldfinger. You arrive at home but your tablet needs to charge, so you decide to go on your Windows 8.1 PC. On the PC you find your note about the Lumia Goldfinger. You do some research and it turns out you love the phone. You immediately buy it on eBay, it's set to arrive the next day.

That is just a quick explanation of why it's good to have your notes sync across your devices. Anyways, you're probably tired of reading this, so I'll start wrapping it up. I hope this helps you choose the tablet that's best for you. Cheers ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm forced to use an Android tablet at my school, so I chose to get the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, it's a good tablet that is cheap compared to some of the other note taking tablets out there. Unfortunately google isn't really supporting the tablet by releasing OS updates (I'm still running jellybean 4.2 or whatever it's called.). The note taking capabilities are good but they can be better. If you are using a Windows PC and a Windows Phone I would recommend that you look at the Dell Venue 8 Pro, Surface Pro 2 and Surface Pro 3. The nice thing about using a Windows Tablet is that the notes will sync across all your devices (IF you use an app that's available on all the devices, such as One Note).
Imagine you make a note on your Surface Pro 3 about what you need to buy next time you are at the shop. Now you don't want to bring your Pro 3 with you to the shop, because it's too big. So you take your Windows Phone instead. Now you arrive at the shop and you can look at the note (that you made on your tablet) on your phone. While shoping you see a new Windows Phone. it peeks your interest but you don't have time to look at it right now, so you make a note on your phone to go check out the Lumia Goldfinger. You arrive at home but your tablet needs to charge, so you decide to go on your Windows 8.1 PC. On the PC you find your note about the Lumia Goldfinger. You do some research and it turns out you love the phone. You immediately buy it on eBay, it's set to arrive the next day.

That is just a quick explanation of why it's good to have your notes sync across your devices. Anyways, you're probably tired of reading this, so I'll start wrapping it up. I hope this helps you choose the tablet that's best for you. Cheers ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0

That was all a very convincing argument.

10 points Simmix

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077