Can you put windows 8.1's recovery partition on a micro sd card

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased a Dell Venue 8 Pro and want to free up space. I don't have it yet as it is being shipped, but I want to buy some SD cards.

So, can the title question be done?

Macco26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I think the Dell backup simply put it in a USB. SD aren't recognized as boot devices.

You then may discard the recovery partition by yourself. Or ask windows to do so via its create recovery media utility.

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
it would be better to put it on a USB drive anyway. they're more durable, they're cheaper, and you're less likely to lose them.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
My understanding is it's just a collection of files you create, so you can create them on an SD card, but as already mentioned, you can't boot from one of them, so you would need to copy the files to one to recover the device.

My intention is to do just that, we have several devices, I will create the files on MicroSD's then copy them to our desktop in folders dedicated to each device, then if and when needed I will simply copy the files (Without the folder information so they can boot) to a USB device, in my case this could either be a USB stick, or a USB with microSD adaptor.

Bob

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I moved and backed up my Dell Venue 8 Pro's recovery partition off the tablet to my cloud and hard drive backup.

Then came a time when I had to ship it back for calibration issues, so I took out the recovery files and loaded them onto my 8 GB Class 10 microSD card I had. The recovery process, initiated from the PC Settings, went off without a hitch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven