I really want to pull the trigger on the Toshiba Encore 2, but...

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They look to be fantastic tablets, and they are priced extremely well. They have pretty good specs for the price point. I also know that the starting model for the 8" only has 1GB of RAM and the only 10" model has 1GB of RAM as well. That kind of scares me a little. Should it? Buying a machine with only 1GB of RAM running full Windows 8.1 just doesn't sound like it will end well. Does anyone have the Encore 2 already and have any input? Should I wait for reviews? I really like the tablets a lot, but I don't want to be buying something I will be regretting.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think I will try the Dell Venue Pro 8-32GB, seen it at Staples for $199. I was really hoping MS would've released a Surface mini by now, which would've been great all around carrying device.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think I will try the Dell Venue Pro 8-32GB, seen it at Staples for $199. I was really hoping MS would've released a Surface mini by now, which would've been great all around carrying device.

Same :/ I was REALLY banking on the Surface Mini...

None of the "last" gen 8" tablets really did it for me (Dell Venue Pro 8, Lenovo Miix 2 8", Toshiba Encore, etc). The Encore 2 does. They do make a 2GB model 8" which I think would be good for me, but I'm just wondering about how well 1GB of RAM would work.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I got the Encore 2 a few days ago, and can say that it is definitely a nice device. The 1 Gb of RAM hasn't caused any issues for me yet. It feels great in the hand. The screen is beautiful and very bright. It's not quite as bright as my DV8Pro, but it is very bright. The backing of the device is a bit slick. The DV8Pro has a much better engineered backing. Anyway, it's a great tablet.

phil8715

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

I've just ordered a Dell Venue 8 Pro 64gb for ?158.

It's a refurb but I believe I'm buying a quality device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I would get a device with at least 2 GB of RAM. If you don't and have any performance issues you will probably regret not getting the 2 GB of RAM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel