A Computer Science Student's Computer

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'll get a new laptop (preferably touch screen) or hybrid for college. I want to study CS. Maybe I don't need at the first year, but I want to get a powerful machine that I won't need to change for 4 years, and that can handle Visual Studio and debug my codes fast. So basically what I'm looking for is a computer with, i5 or i7, 4/6/8 GB RAM, at least 256 GB SSD/SSHD/HDD. My price range is 800-1000 USD (Have around %10 student discount at many stores) What do you recommend?

luiislp

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Im a CS student as well, at the moment I own a Imac 2007, macbook air 2011, and a surface first generation, so far Im able to do all the projects at home with all low end devices. Nevertheless, whenever I need a lot power(which is really rare) I simply uses the computers from the classroom. My point is that there is option to do your homework for CS even if you dont own a power house computer :) I hope this helps you.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
my friend just got an Acer Aspire S7 with i7, 8 GB of RAM, and 256 GB SSD for $1050 at the Microsoft Store (online) recently. arrived in the mail after only a couple days.

that is a stud machine. and super light. looks incredibly slick with the gorilla glass. I love it. Almost as much as my Surface Pro 2.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
my friend just got an Acer Aspire S7 with i7, 8 GB of RAM, and 256 GB SSD for $1050 at the Microsoft Store (online) recently. arrived in the mail after only a couple days.

that is a stud machine. and super light. looks incredibly slick with the gorilla glass. I love it. Almost as much as my Surface Pro 2.

Well this device is awesome I knew it but passed it because it is expensive.
It's priced 1599 on Acer's website. But if Microsoft is selling it for 1050 that's awesome.

Edit: I really found a $1500 device for $1050 on Microsoft but they are out of stock :'(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs