Chinese Tablets?

phil8715

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Sweet! I'm curious to see how you like it. I really enjoy mine.

I've now been told that the Venue 8 Pro's I've ordered 2 of them one for me and one for my Mrs will arrive in the UK tomorrow and a further week till it's delivered to my home address.

The UK isn't that big why on earth it's going take another 7 days on arrival in the UK?

The whole experience of ordering these tablets has been nothing short of farcical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've now been told that the Venue 8 Pro's I've ordered 2 of them one for me and one for my Mrs will arrive in the UK tomorrow and a further week till it's delivered to my home address.

The UK isn't that big why on earth it's going take another 7 days on arrival in the UK?

The whole experience of ordering these tablets has been nothing short of farcical.

Wow! Are they bringing it to you by horse and buggy??? lol As bad as I get waiting for a package, I'd probably pulling my hair out by the end of the week.

phil8715

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah they must be lol! I can't even track it because it says departed Manfu facility at 2200 on 28th August.

phil8715

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I've finally received my Dell Venue 8 Pro.

First impressions is its a fantastic piece of kit.

Not impressed that Temple Run 2 isn't available from the store. Grr

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've finally received my Dell Venue 8 Pro.

First impressions is its a fantastic piece of kit.

Not impressed that Temple Run 2 isn't available from the store. Grr

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

Awesome! It really is a nice device. Glad it finally arrived.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Any idea how to get it to read an SD card?

Hmmmm....well, mine read it out of the box, so I didn't have to figure that out. What size card are you using? Is your DV8P running Windows 8 or 8.1? If you got a refurb model, you might want to do a system restore or refresh or whatever it's called. I have the recovery media for my DV8P I can upload to OneDrive for you if you need it, but it will knock you back to Windows 8.

phil8715

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't read automatically on mine. I've got it to read and can access it via a bit of manipulation.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway I can log in without having to enter a password when I boot it up?

Yep. Go to settings by swiping in from the right. Touch "Change PC Settings". Then, touch "Accounts". Touch "Sign-in Options". There you can change your sign-in option to use a PIN or a picture...or no password at all.

phil8715

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Go to settings by swiping in from the right. Touch "Change PC Settings". Then, touch "Accounts". Touch "Sign-in Options". There you can change your sign-in option to use a PIN or a picture...or no password at all.

I've done that but everytime I boot my device up it asks for my password.

I've set up a four digit number

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've done that but everytime I boot my device up it asks for my password.

I've set up a four digit number

So, is it asking for the PIN or you're actual password to your Microsoft account?

Sounds like you need to do a system refresh. That might fix both of your issues all at once.

phil8715

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
My PIN number. Mind you I don't mind putting 4 digits rather than trying to enter a password and trying remember if I used a capital letter at the start of the password.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs