Envizen Digital Tablet

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Just got one of these as a test unit for where I work.

V10064 - envizen

I got it from TigerDirect for $310 for a 64GB 10.1" tablet with the keyboard/touchpad cover. I thought this was a really good price. It even came with a screen protector already on it.

I am checking it out now and getting it set up for use by our sales department but so far it seems to be working well. I just installed Office 2010 and went without a hitch.

Anyone else have one of these? And if so, what are your impressions of it?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm. I have never heard of the brand. Looking at it I think it looks pretty good for the price. But I question the build quality because I am not familiar with the brand. Let us know how it performs.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Update on our experience so far:

First I'll address the build quality. It seems to be fairly solid. Has a matte finish so it has some grip to it. It doesn't flex and is solid. It magnetically connects to the keyboard cover so there are no clips to break and the magnet is strong enough to keep it firmly seated to the keyboard cover. All in all I like the build quality and sturdiness.

Everything I have attempted to do with it has worked without a hitch. I installed all of our important software that we use. This includes Office 2010, an IBM client to connect to a Unix box/database and a VPN client. I was impressed with the VPN because of the Juniper Networks Junos Pulse being included with Windows 8 made the setup easy and no need to run a client. One less process running. Being Windows 8.1 it can't be joined to the domain but this is just a small bump because you can still access everything on the network including server shares. You just have to provide a username and password when connecting.

The only complaint from the users so far was the battery life. I tested this and I found that if the keyboard is attached the battery life is reduced. As a stand alone tablet the battery will last as long as my Dell V8P. I have two minor complaints. One is the weight with the keyboard attached it seems a bit heavy and the charger cord is way too short.

For the price I am really impressed with this tablet especially considering it is a 64GB tablet that includes a keyboard/touchpad folio cover. I was even impressed by the packaging. I was expecting a cheap, flimsy box but it came in a nice, thick box with all the components separated and wrapped well. It even came with a real screen protector already on it.

I probably won't buy this particular tablet for all the people who needs one at work because of the keyboard/battery issue but if I was looking to buy myself a new tablet I would probably get this one.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
This actually looks really nice, except for a 7900 mAh battery? That seems kinda low

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos