What do you carry in your satchel?

Ltauhmise

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
At the risk of sounding super-nosy....! :) I thought it would be fun (and interesting) to see what tech are your daily drivers or find their way into your satchels in the morning. You don't have to give a reason why, but if you feel like sharing--- go ahead! I'll start us off.

What's in my bag....
Surface Pro 2- 128gb with Power Cover
Surface 2- 32gb with cyan type cover 2
Nokia Lumia Icon
Nokia Red-Square external battery back-up

I carry two surfaces, the pro 2 and surface 2. The Pro2 is my business laptop and travels from my desk in the office, to the desk at home.

My surface 2 is the real workhorse... and goes with me as I make the rounds with patients. It's use primarily for word processing and the occasional presentation for patient's families. It may seem redundant to have both a pro2 and surface 2, but each has their niche.

My Icon... I just like the build quality. Yes, I am a fan of Nokia. No other reason for owning the phone.

So that's my 2 cents! What about you guys? What pieces of tech are you lugging around all day!?

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
lol!

I have my Lumia 920, which I use for most things, and my Surface 2.
Apart from that, I have a mini version of a first aid kit (plasters, bandages, antiseptic wipes), pens (I like pens), paper.. the list could go on and on...but I'll stop here as it was only to do with gadgets.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Don't use a satchel, but I rotate keeping my Encore 2, DV8P, or my Acer Iconia W4 in my left cargo pocket...khaki cargo pants. 1520 in my back left pocket. Pack of Five gum in front right pocket. Four pens in my pocket protector of my lab coat. :)

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Most of the time I carry my Surface RT, L920, and Zune HD. Looking to replace both the RT and 920 with newer devices.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, I've got a Briefcase/satchel that can carry quite a bit. Glad it's got the shoulder strap.

It carries my Lenovo Flex 2-15 Laptop, portable 1TB USB 3.0 HDD, several USB flash drives (totaling over 150GB), Pens, stylus, assorted USB cables/adapters, Power cord/adapter for the laptop, wireless mouse for when I feel old school and don't use the touch screen (for mainly when I'm programming), files/folders, spare 5200mAh portable battery to charge my Lumia, Cleaning solution and cloth for my glasses and my touch screen, laser pointer, flashlight, etc.

When I want to go light, I just make sure the laptop is charged and take it by itself.

My Lumia 520 doesn't go in the satchel. It gets holstered to my hip for easy access.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
No satchel here either but I always carry my Lumia 1520 and Dell Venue 8 Pro. The case for the DV8P has a pocket that has a mouse, USB adapter cable, micro-fiber cloth, a pen and headphones.

Oh, and a Gorilla Drive 16GB flash drive in my pocket.

JediEwok

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
No satchel, but I carry my Lumia 1520, Lenovo Z40, a 1TB external hardrive, and a 10,000 mAh EnerPlex Jumpr Slate 10K external battery to keep the Lumia charged.

Last edited:

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Like the thread...

I have 2 setups one for my home office the other for when I travel, normally via air.

Home: Lenovo ThinkPad carbon i7 256ssd.
Dell venue 8 pro, soon to be replaced by a ThinkPad 8 (should have it Thursday)
1520 work phone
1020 personal phone

Travel bag:
Surface pro 3
Samsung jetpack WiFi

I tried traveling with the x1 and the venue 8 bu I save over 3 lbs with the surface pro 3

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
ASUS Vivobook 15.6" + its power cord
Roccat Lua mouse
around 10 flash drives
Klipsch Image s4 headphones
Seidio charging vault (in case Nokia Lumia 920 needs charging when I'm not using ultrabook).
microfiber cloth
pens

(Nokia Lumia 920 goes in my pocket, not in my satchel.)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I like to travel light.

Fujitsu P1630 - Love the form factor and W7 Ultimate
Pentax DS600 Mobile Scanner - USB powered, no cables
Polaroid DR110 External DVD R/W - USB powered, no cables
Canon BJC-80 Printer - Tiny for such a good printer
Ruger P85 MkII 9mm - I do live in Miami, OK?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I like to travel light.

Fujitsu P1630 - Love the form factor and W7 Ultimate
Pentax DS600 Mobile Scanner - USB powered, no cables
Polaroid DR110 External DVD R/W - USB powered, no cables
Canon BJC-80 Printer - Tiny for such a good printer
Ruger P85 MkII 9mm - I do live in Miami, OK?

Not a Smith & Wesson 4506 or a short barreled Remington 870?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Not a Smith & Wesson 4506 or a short barreled Remington 870?

Don't care for .45s because of the imbalance during mag cycling. I briefly had a Desert Eagle .44 AutoMag. THAT was a cannon.

I love this Ruger. 15 in the clip and you barely notice the difference between a full mag and your last shot. The 4-3/4" barrel helps.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Don't care for .45s because of the imbalance during mag cycling. I briefly had a Desert Eagle .44 AutoMag. THAT was a cannon.

I love this Ruger. 15 in the clip and you barely notice the difference between a full mag and your last shot. The 4-3/4" barrel helps.
I was just kidding. When you mentioned Miami, I thought of Crockett and Tubbs' gear from Miami Vice.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I was just kidding. When you mentioned Miami, I thought of Crockett and Tubbs' gear from Miami Vice.

I missed that one. Hey, I didn't know, there's girls who like shooting. I see tons of them at the Dade County range and they're by themselves, not clinging to a boyfriend to impress. That's right, we got some baaaaad sistas down this way. Ever wonder why you don't hear about too many serial rapists on the news here? No means no or you get a 9mm vasectomy.

thundr51

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Currently carrying

Surface Pro w/ 128Gb (yes, the battery sucking, heavy, first gen) with Type cover
1 TB Toshiba external drive (which I may remove since I haven't used it since I got my surface)
Surface edition arc mouse
PS Vita
Advil
Pens, Surface pen
Wipes for glasses/surface/vita
Bluetooth headphones
and I keep my 8x in my pocket.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro

LG G3

Lumia 1020

Misc accessories

When traveling, I'll include:

GoPro Hero3+ Black

XBOX 360 controller

I'm thinking of getting a Nexus 9, maybe.

Sent from my Nokia 909 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos