20% of teens polled say they're planning on buying.... A Surface?!?!

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Apple, Netflix, GameStop score well in U.S. teen survey - AAPL NFLX - Investors.com

"Among teens expecting to buy a tablet in the next six months, 60% expect to buy an iPad Air or Mini. However, 19% expect to buy a Surface tablet, "which seems to point to some early favor among teens of the Microsoft tablet, perhaps due to its productivity features," Munster said."

That's.... High. That would make them the second largest tablet maker in the US. If my math is also correct, unless Samsung only sells Android tablets and somehow makes up 95% of the market, that would mean that Windows tablets would outsell Android tablets.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
As somebody who works in a retail environment (Geek Squad/Best Buy that is) there are a lot of people who come in (especially young people) and look at one of the Surface Kiosks (yes there are 3 in my store) and say "Hey that's the tablet I was looking at!". Naturally of course I try to talk to them about it and help them understand the huge benefits it has over other tablets. Now if only the sales associates in my store explained the benefits...

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
it's too bad there aren't more Microsoft Stores. because seriously, the major chains out there selling Surface machines are terrible at it. I've gone to Staples, Best Buy, Office Max, etc. And almost all of them are terrible. Machines not set up properly. out of battery. locked down so you can't move it. Missing pen. Wrong resolution (seriously, do people try to sabotage this stuff? I saw a Surface Pro 3 set to 1024x768 once). At no one there to talk about it. Broken keyboard.

If you can finally bring a sales associate to the machine and ask them, 95% of them don't even know what the machine is, let alone the features.

Apple said they wanted to control the retail experience because leaving it to chance wasn't working. If you've been to a real Microsoft Store (not those lame kiosks), it's a wonderful experience. It's like Disneyland for a PC geek.

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
it's too bad there aren't more Microsoft Stores. because seriously, the major chains out there selling Surface machines are terrible at it. I've gone to Staples, Best Buy, Office Max, etc. And almost all of them are terrible. Machines not set up properly. out of battery. locked down so you can't move it. Missing pen. Wrong resolution (seriously, do people try to sabotage this stuff? I saw a Surface Pro 3 set to 1024x768 once). At no one there to talk about it. Broken keyboard.

If you can finally bring a sales associate to the machine and ask them, 95% of them don't even know what the machine is, let alone the features.

Apple said they wanted to control the retail experience because leaving it to chance wasn't working. If you've been to a real Microsoft Store (not those lame kiosks), it's a wonderful experience. It's like Disneyland for a PC geek.

Very good point,I'm planning on buying one,and I'm gong to a Microsoft Store that's 40 minutes away from me....not far at all....and I pass it going to work to boot.....see what I did there 😃

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree. I feel like the only person who makes sure that the PC's in our store look good and are working. Especially the Surface's. I'm not even a sales rep or even work the floor!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes