Install apps on mSD on Windows 8.1

IzaacJ

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

got myself a cheap decent Windows 8.1 (not RT) tablet (Lamina T-801) and the only storage size available was the 16GB, which is really low when the OS takes up almost half of it.
So, my question is, is there anyway to install modern apps to the microSD card? I know it wa possible o Win8 by changing a registry key, but that doesn't work in 8.1 for some reason, and symlinking doesn't work either.

Any advice on how to achieve this would be highly appreciated.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Short of registry tweaks, there's no official support for installing apps to the SD card.. One can only hope for this feature in the upcoming Win 10.

IzaacJ

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Ah, I really hoped there was a way somehow. The tablet, freshly factory reset has about 9 GB free, which somehow turns into 18mb in a couple of hours in standby :O Done 3 resets so far xD

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Ah, I really hoped there was a way somehow. The tablet, freshly factory reset has about 9 GB free, which somehow turns into 18mb in a couple of hours in standby :O Done 3 resets so far xD

the most i can recommend is to make full use of Onedrive and store all your media files there. That way you can maximize onboard storage for apps. If you're a gamer then you'll really in a pinch as modern games can take up gigs of space.

Also go into your settings and check what data you have syncing. That can be the reason why you space is filling so frequently. Apps+data is synced via Onedrive from other Windows devices you got. You can turn off sync options.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99