Aparently the Surface Pro & other x86 & x64 Based Tablets run Windows RT & Arm Processors

Rolandh

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Aparently the Surface Pro & other x86 & x64 Based Tablets run Windows RT & Arm Processors

I just thought that I'd share thisfrom a Google Plus Comunaty. Acording to this ill informed person on Google Plus all tablets run Windows RT and not Windows 8 because they use Arm Processors.

Shervin Emami09:05

+Roland Hurt +cleo williams To everyone that thinks they have Windows 8 on their tablet: apparently you guys are actually using Windows RT, not the full Windows 8. Windows 8 can't run on ARM CPU's (ie: tablets or phones), only laptops, netbooks, ultrabooks & PCs. See "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_8_editions"

Roland

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Aparently the Surface Pro & other x86 & x64 Based Tablets run Windows RT & Arm Processors

That's a lie to whoever put that on Google+. I have an Acer Iconia W3-810 Windows 8 tablet, and it definitely does not have an ARM processor or Windows RT! In fact, it's sporting an Intel Atom at 1.8GHz with Windows 8.1 Pro with WMC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos