Lack of big name games in the Windows app store?

phil8715

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Dell Venue 8 Pro since September. Two of the first games I normally download are Temple Run and Temple Run 2.

When I set up my tablet I went straight to the Windows app store app to download Temple Run. Only to find it's not available.

This isn't not the only game that is not available. Games like Subway Surfers and The Official Tetris aren't there either. I have noticed there's a lot of clones of Floppy Bird.

Bizarrely there are game guides and cheat apps for Temple Run 2 and Subway Surfers, but the games themselves are not available.

I feel let down by the lack of quality games. I emailed Imangi Studios and asked them if they have plans to bring Temple Run and Temple Run 2 to the Windows app store they said they haven't got plans to release them.

I've tried android emulators but not been able run Temple Run successfully.

Can't understand why Imangi Studios won't port Temple Run or 2, as It's available on most WP8 phones.

Maybe it's the Windows architecture on W8 tablets are different to WP8 Unlike iOS and Android.

Any ideas how I can play both the Temple Run games. I do know that the Temple Run Brave & Oz are both available but they're both pay apps.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Ah the joys of a Windows tablet. The app gap. Nothing that can be done except what you already did - contact the vendor and say "I am a Windows tablet user and I'm disappointed that I can't run your app". If enough people do that they may write one.

And the app store is a mess - bloated with rip-off and garbage apps like the game guides and cheat apps you've found.

I feel your pain, we all do. There is a lot of cool stuff like Asphalt 8, Hungry Shark Evolution, and my favorite Pinball FX2, but it can be tough to find with all the crap out there. Windows Phone has a much better, but still somewhat lacking, app experience. Hopefully Windows 10 will take off like Windows 8.1 should have and the app gap will start to close.

There are some good runner apps - check the reviews on this site home page.

Wasim Wes Adetunji

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Lots of great games now. Snowboard party, cold alley, beach buggy racing, CHAOS, riptide, blitz brigade, Tiny troopers is on WP but idk about tablet

All are big name, quality games, and those are my faves, so I don't bother looking for more

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I have two temple run games for my surface pro 2. did they get removed from the store???

they are temple run: brave and temple run: OZ

if you like runners, check out Despicable Me: Minions and the Rayman games (Rayman Jungle Run and Rayman Fiesta Run).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes