Sceen brightness problem and performance is very slow/sluggish!

Billy95Tech

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
On my Windows 8 tablet(Acer Iconia W700) the sceen brightness was very bright/very sharp at 50(half way) and it was good.

But ever since i press that "restore plan defaults" in the power options and after the sceen brightness is not as bright/sharp and now i have to have 100(full) to be the same brightness/sharpness as 50(halfway) before and it is really affecting the battery life and only getting 2 hours on a whole charge and it is very slow/sluggish now.

So how do i get the sceen brightness back to normal and get the performance back to normal?

Last edited:

Billy95Tech

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Sceen brightness is fixed and gone back to normal but the performance is still slow and sluggish becuase when i load a program or put the keyboard up, open a new tab in a browser is takes soo long to load...

And when i boot up my Acer Iconia W700 there is a mouse cursor and i don't know why because i never had that before.

And sometimes in Firefox the search bar i always have set it to Google but sometimes it goes to set to Yahoo in the search bar every couple days.

Can someone help me please?

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Open up your Task Manager and see what is running, using CPU, Ram, and your Storage Resources. Sometimes things get out of whack and you will have multiple instances of programs or apps running in the background. Could even be malware or a rogue BHO that has taken control of your system.

Do not download any apps or programs from Cnet or any other place you are not 100% sure they are clean without BHO's or malware. Cnet has been allowing really nasty BHO's packed into their downloads.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Yahoo is now the default search for Firefox. Your setting should stay but perhaps during the frequent updates that Firefox has, it reverts it to the default setting.

For the brightness, make sure you turn off the adaptive brightness setting. It's under PC Settings > PC and devices > Power and sleep > "Brightness: Adjust my screen brightness automatically."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea