USB 3.0 Tablet?

pNoyz3Ro

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to buy a Tablet here soon and am trying to find one with a USB 3.0 so I can hook up a Portable External HD when I travel. So far I have in mind, Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (heard USB 3.0 underpowered problems) and the Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140. Those are the only two I know of so far, anyone else have any recommendations?

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I am looking to buy a Tablet here soon and am trying to find one with a USB 3.0 so I can hook up a Portable External HD when I travel. So far I have in mind, Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (heard USB 3.0 underpowered problems) and the Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140. Those are the only two I know of so far, anyone else have any recommendations?
If you have a Microcenter nearby, i believe the Winbook 8 and 10 inch models have 3.0 ports. Great prices also.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I just got the Lenovo miix 2 11 it has 1 USB 3 port on the tablet itself. Only problem is it is also the charging port.
Nice! I had ordered a Miix2 11 from the Lenovo Outlet store (killer price) but the turkeys cancelled the order. :crying: I ended up with an Acer Aspire Switch 11.

Acer Aspire Switch 11
has a full-sized USB 3.0 port on the tablet, a full-sized USB 2.0 on the keyboard, and a separate charging port.:wink:

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I've been researching a windows tablet, because I now have a potential need for a simple device running full windows (it's to interface to a sensor).

If it's an atom powered tablet, USB 3.0 is kind of overkill. The SSD speeds are not much faster than USB 2.0 so, as such, it's not a major bottleneck. If you're watching videos directly off the HDD, then you don't need huge speed at all.

I've also had a look at USB power, and I've similarly read that a few have issues with power output to run devices. Generally HDD's need additional power, from what I've been reading. It's a bit of a bummer if they normally work properly from correctly powered USB ports.

The thing that has bothered me the most is, the Thinkpad 8 would have probably been ideal for me, in my desired application, but since it still is a computer running full windows, 2gb ram is quite low. There are 4gb models in only some regions (not mine). But still, have read that that they have quite a few problems with poor battery life, and USB OTG not working.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos