What Passive Stylus Works Well with Cheap Windows Tablets?

rainking430

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping this might turn into a recommendation thread, as there just isn't much info about this out on the webs. This is mainly in regard to performance when highlighting, drawing, or dragging the stylus across the screen. My experience is, while the bulk stylus packs that are available on places like Amazon work great for most people's Apple and Android tablets, general consensus is that they are horrible on Windows tablets. I've tried several, even a Bamboo stylus, but they all skip or jump when you try to highlight or drag, making them useless. This is on a Surface RT, Dell Venue 8 Pro, and Winbook TW800.

Anyway, I've done tons of research, but can't seem to find any that work well but are at a decent price. Has anyone found a cheap stylus that works well for highlighting, etc?

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, I did a quick search for the Winbook and I think it does not support Wacom.

The Dell Venue does support Wacom or at least Dell sells a Wacom like stylus for it. For that
device I recommend you buying the stylus specially designed for that tablet.

I know the Surface does not support Wacom. So, for the first and third tablet, any passive
stylus will do. Hate to say it..they are pretty much all the same and all work the same. And,
they are all pretty much lousy. This is why Wacom supported tablets are what people want
although very few tablets actually support it.

Not to mention is generally increased the selling price of the tablet. I just sold a 5 year old 12.1 inch tablet
with Windows 8.1 on it (that I installed) for $300.00 on Ebay because it supported Wacom

Good luck.
How Wacom Tablets Work - HowStuffWorks

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm hoping this might turn into a recommendation thread, as there just isn't much info about this out on the webs. This is mainly in regard to performance when highlighting, drawing, or dragging the stylus across the screen. My experience is, while the bulk stylus packs that are available on places like Amazon work great for most people's Apple and Android tablets, general consensus is that they are horrible on Windows tablets. I've tried several, even a Bamboo stylus, but they all skip or jump when you try to highlight or drag, making them useless. This is on a Surface RT, Dell Venue 8 Pro, and Winbook TW800.

Anyway, I've done tons of research, but can't seem to find any that work well but are at a decent price. Has anyone found a cheap stylus that works well for highlighting, etc?
In general, the capacitive touch capabilities of Windows tablets (RT or x86) are inferior to those found on iOS and Android tablets. I don't know why that is... maybe hardware, maybe drivers... but there seems to be a coarser granularity between Windows tabs and iOS/Android....

On the Surface RT, you might want to try the Adonit Jot. (I bought mine for $15 @ walmart.com) It is a capacitive stylus with the clear disc at the tip. I've had good success with it on the Surface RT (ignore claims that the Adonit Jot scratches the screen... it doesn't do it at any greater frequency than any other stylus).

For the Dell Venue 8 Pro, it doesn't use Wacom, but Synaptics. The first generation stylus for it was pretty horrible. The 2nd gen was noticeably better, the 3rd time's the charm... I bought a 3rd gen Dell V8P stylus for use with my Acer Aspire Switch 11 (which also has a Synaptics active digitizer). It works wonderfully.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon