How can I Install Windows 10 Preview with SSD storage Device?

ramtwins25

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
How to Install Windows 10 Preview with SSD storage Device

Trying to install this on my Asus Zenbook but get a message saying that I cannot install it because my operating system is compressed? Anyone know of a workaround for this?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to Install Windows 10 Preview with SSD storage Device

Lol the guy who has the job to help others xd

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Many recent lower-storage devices have a "compressed" OS install to save space. (its more often in lower-storage devices, but it wasn't common until recently)

10 currently cannot handle installs like this, although its going to change eventually.
You can wipe your device clean and start fresh by booting with an ISO, but I wouldn't do it if it was your primary device.

ramtwins25

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I have 128 Gigs of storage so that shouldn't be a problem. I was able to successfully install it on my 64 GB Asus 2n1 tablet. This laptop has more storage space but it won't install?

ramtwins25

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Exactly. But my device has 128 GB so there sis considerably more than enough storage available.

ramtwins25

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

How much space left? The OS could've compressed itself because it was running low
About 97 GB remaining. I really haven't installed or downloaded anything else on it. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the SSD storage vs regular HDD drive? The thing is, I was able to install on a 64GB Asus with SSD drive also.

ramtwins25

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm getting this error message when I try to run the install file. It happens if I run it directly from the computer or from a separate flash drive.
Error Install.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12