Win 8.1 install on non OEM machine

madroamer

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi all<br />
<br />
Purchased a new lap which came with OEM license . surrendered it . wanted to install in new laptop. Tried all is version finally installed os with bing d misc. No progress. <br />
<br />
When activate it shows error non core OEM edition can't activate.<br />
<br />
Lenovo doesn't provide their OEM win 8.1<br/>

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi all<br />
<br />
Purchased a new lap which came with OEM license . surrendered it . wanted to install in new laptop. Tried all is version finally installed os with bing d misc. No progress. <br />
<br />
When activate it shows error non core OEM edition can't activate.<br />
<br />
Lenovo doesn't provide their OEM win 8.1<br/>

contact your dealer or lenovo services ;) good day

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I guess I am not following.

You have a Lenovo laptop that was shipped with Windows 8.1 (hence the OEM license)
and now you want to put this license on another laptop.

If this is what you are saying, first, I can tell you that OEM licenses are not transferable.
Or they are not designed to be. ONCE the OEM license is activated on a device it stays
with that device (via the serial number on the motherboard).
That is how the licensing legal mumbo jumbo works.
--------------------
The Microsoft Software License Terms is granted to the end user by you, the system builder. It is related to the OEM System Builder License for the PC on which it was originally installed.

You are required to support the license on that original PC, but you cannot support a license that has been moved from a PC that you manufactured to one that you did not. This is one of the key reasons why an OEM System Builder License can’t be transferred. ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
------------------------

I re-read your post. It is hard to understand what you are asking.

You might also be asking how to install a retail copy of Windows 8 on an OEM laptop? If so there should be no reason why you could not do this. Just install using the CD-Rom or USB key and enter your retail serial number.

Maybe clarifying exactly what you are trying to do would help.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss