IRULU W1002 Windows 8.1 10.1" Tablet

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
About 2 weeks ago I purchased this from E-bay NEW for $215.00 (including shipping). Though what I received was the W1002 (clearly marked on the box) the auction stated it was the W1000

Untitled.jpg

The tablet is very impressive for the price point. Right now they are going for $239.00 new and even at that price point it's still very impressive.

It is very quick and has a very nice screen. The processor is, I believe, the Z3735F which is an Intel Bay-trail -T quad core processor. It comes with 2GB of DDR3 Ram and has a 32GB SSD hard drive.

It runs Windows 8.1 with a free year of Office 2013 365. It is eligible for the Windows 10 upgrade.

It is kinda thick by today's tablet standards, but for the price, it's not too bad. It supports one full size USB 3.0 port, a micro-SD slot, micro-USB port (not sure what for, guess with an OTG dongle it can be your 2nd USB slot). There is also an HDMI port.

What is most surprising for the price was the keyboard. I really was expecting to laugh at the keyboard when it came in and expected it would be barely usable if at all. The keyboard is magnetic like on the Surface and is VERY usable. Even the touch pad works very well. I was kinda shocked, actually.

The tablet does not feel cheap by any standard and I am actually in love with it.

Since I was thinking about forking the $500 for the Surface 3, I decided to go with this, instead. Right now I am not regretting my decision as the $215.00 was much better on my budget!

There are a few videos of this on Youtube. Check it out. The keyboard case has the ingenious magnetic flip/wing thing going on so you can stand it up when using the keyboard.

Last edited:

defante

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Looks nice. If I didn't require a digitizer and active pen, I would definitely consider this. It also looks like a huge Nokia Lumia 925 to me (the phone I'm currently using).

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanx. I like it very much. The battery lasts about 5-6 hours on full charge and this is using the keyboard and doing quite a lot with it. (Youtube/uploading/download)

I did come across one problem.

I have an external USB PATA 3.5 hard drive and I was downloading stuff from Torrents onto the hard drive while extracting other files and doing other tasks when the tablet just shut down. I turned it back on and was completing all I was trying to do and after a couple of minutes it shut down again Battery was about 20% so I didn't think it was that. The back of the tablet had become pretty warm.

I thought maybe using the external PATA was too much for it, The next day I tried to duplicate the same problem whist doing all the same things though this time without the PATA attached and using a 32gb microSD card (inserted into the tablet). I could not get it to shut down again. So...either I really was overworking my tablet or maybe the assembly they didn't get the heat sink exactly right on the processor or what have you. I ran the tablet for 7 hours yesterday downloading a few things, updating an online database, Facebook and other stuff and it still did not shut down like it had. This morning I've been using it right now and earlier for about 4 hours now. All seems okay. Maybe the PATA was pulling too much power? Not sure

I am still pleased with the tablet.

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Its not too limiting.

I also have a Nokia 2520 (Windows RT Tablet) also with 32GB drive and I seem to be doing fine with that, too.

Both of these tablets have a 32GB MicroSD card inserted that I use for any data.

I guess if you install a lot of games I can see it eating away at the hard drive space. I don't install many games.

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
This tablet is NOW going for $210 with free shipping on Ebay.

IRULU W1000 Tablet PC 10.1" Windows 8.1 (it is the W1002 even though it says W1000)

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it is a tablet sold with Windows 8.1 and it is eligible for a free Windows 10 upgrade. Probably Windows 10 Home edition.

Here is the seller. The prices change weekly..varies buy $10 or $15 or so..

campus111 (503285 )

Salomon Serfaty

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Transcript of the chat I had with Irulu today:
Cherry Thu, 07/30/15 09:24:09 am Asia/Jerusalem
Welcome back! Do you have any questions?
%name% 09:24:10 am
I have a W1002 tablet and have tried to install Windows 10 through "windows Update". The update failed. can you please explain what the correct update process is?
Cherry 09:24:37 am
Sorry it can't be updated
%name% 09:25:06 am
What do you mean. When I bought it, it said it can be updated to Windows 10!
Cherry 09:26:34 am
Sorry you can't update it to Windows 10.
Windows 10 is a beta software.
It is not stable. You will get a error if you update it to Windows 10.
%name% 09:27:25 am
Windows 10 was officially released yesterday!
Cherry 09:29:30 am
one moment, please.
%name% 09:30:23 am
See in (omitted link) where it says: "I checked with iRulu and they verified that since this tablet is Windows certified that it is available for the upgrade. "
Cherry 09:38:49 am
Our engineer is working on it, the updated firmware need the driver to support it
%name% 09:40:51 am
When will that be available?
Cherry 09:41:30 am
We haven't got any notice for that
But i don't suggest you to do the update
Since it is not good for your tablet
%name% 09:43:00 am
So, if your engineer is working on it, he doesn't know when they are going to release the update?
Cherry 09:46:41 am
We are still waiting on it

Pedro G92

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I was able to update, but since then I haven't been able to rotate my screen by turning the tablet.
Do anyone else also have this problem?

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have the same problem. I have updated my IRULU W1002 tablet to Windows 10 and
cannot auto-rotate the screen.

You can go in the settings and manually rotate it, however.

This is not a huge deal for me. Many times I get annoyed when the screen turns when I don't want it to.

BTW: This is a VERY common problem I have been reading with A LOT of tablets and laptops with Windows 10. If they
support auto-screen rotate before upgrading to Windows 10 that function no longer works after the upgrade.

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
You need about 10-12GB FREE to do the upgrade. I had to uninstall A LOT of stuff including removing Office 365 to get enough space to do the update.

irulutechnology

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your recommendation :winktongue:

As we're releasing a new product of this Walknbook series,The W1002&W1003 are on sale now.

Any more question about Walknbook windows tablets,just feel free to ask me.:wink:

Regards !
iRULU Technology

teddynupe

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I have been looking for a tablet/laptop. I've been considering the W1003 or W1005.
Are they the latest models out? Is there a plan to release a new model soon? I would hate to order one to day and find out in a month that there is something better.

Debi Klausner

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: IRULU W1004 Windows 10 10.1" Tablet

I have an iRULU W1004 w/ windows 10 downloaded. I recently installed a micro sd card for extra memory but the tablet is not recognizing it. It does not show up under storage. How can I get this resolved?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: IRULU W1004 Windows 10 10.1" Tablet

I have an iRULU W1004 w/ windows 10 downloaded. I recently installed a micro sd card for extra memory but the tablet is not recognizing it. It does not show up under storage. How can I get this resolved?

Did you just insert the card when already running desktop?

Reboot should solve this. Typically the slot gets scanned on boot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss