How do I stop my HPenvy x2 convertible from restarting or locking itself out?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I have the latest update 10049 on win 10 TP. There is one device driver which is doing my head in. Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2 - Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator -which gives this Error 0x80070103.

I have disabled the logon screen so if the laptop restarts it should go straight to the desktop but it sits with the lock screen which when you tap or scroll up goes into desktop without password.

I have disabled the auto update feature so it doesnt restart when it is not supposed to but I think it does it anyway.

The driver mentioned above, if I go to the device manager and check the driver update, it shows that it is up to date and yet the system update is gone loopy and tries to install it day in day out and restarts the laptop.

In the power options I have disabled sleep and hibernate functions when power is on and my laptop is forever plugged in but (I am not sure if it restarts or locks out) when I lift the lid open I get this old XP style "ctrl +alt+del to log in" screen. I dont want this to happen and I have used netplwiz to disable log on and the ctrl alt del and yet this happens.

I have reported it in Win feedback and in the mean time is there anyone out here who has a fix for this?
Intel website doesnt have any downloads for me. I have checked with their updater on the website. ( doesnt really worry me as the graphics are fine)

My main questions,
Is it possible to stop the win update from trying to update this intel update?
and how to stop this screen from locking itself out when it is connected to power source. I have all the settings right I have double checked it. Is there a new setting for lock screen time out like on the phones that I dont know about?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Go into services, and disable WU.

You mean this
Hi. I have the latest update 10049 on win 10 TP. There is one device driver which is doing my head in. Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2 - Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator -which gives this Error 0x80070103.

I have disabled the logon screen so if the laptop restarts it should go straight to the desktop but it sits with the lock screen which when you tap or scroll up goes into desktop without password.

I have disabled the auto update feature so it doesnt restart when it is not supposed to but I think it does it anyway.

The driver mentioned above, if I go to the device manager and check the driver update, it shows that it is up to date and yet the system update is gone loopy and tries to install it day in day out and restarts the laptop.

In the power options I have disabled sleep and hibernate functions when power is on and my laptop is forever plugged in but (I am not sure if it restarts or locks out) when I lift the lid open I get this old XP style "ctrl +alt+del to log in" screen. I dont want this to happen and I have used netplwiz to disable log on and the ctrl alt del and yet this happens.

I have reported it in Win feedback and in the mean time is there anyone out here who has a fix for this?
Intel website doesnt have any downloads for me. I have checked with their updater on the website. ( doesnt really worry me as the graphics are fine)

My main questions,
Is it possible to stop the win update from trying to update this intel update?
and how to stop this screen from locking itself out when it is connected to power source. I have all the settings right I have double checked it. Is there a new setting for lock screen time out like on the phones that I dont know about?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss