which one is better

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I am looking for a budget laptop for my father as his 15 years old pc isn't working properly since 1 month(lags even to open my computer).

At my budget there are many laptops and 2 in 1 with similar specifications(ram, screen size). But I am little confused which one should I get. With Celeron or atom CPU.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
See below article which explains the differences.
Basically an Atom uses less battery and a Celeron is "faster".
Difference Between a Celeron & Atom Processor | Chron.com

Good luck.

My concern here is that the data is two years out-of-date.

I would say that unless he hits computers harder than normal, I don't know if a difference will be major. I would check out the other specs like display, design, price, etc.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
My concern here is that the data is two years out-of-date.

I would say that unless he hits computers harder than normal, I don't know if a difference will be major. I would check out the other specs like display, design, price, etc.

You got my question.before coming to this forums I searched the whole thing for an hour and could not find any details other than Celeron is faster and atom for mobility.It will be used for excel and word along with heavy browsing and streaming. I am concerned will windows 8.1 can manage this hardware with out lag as it will be used at least for 6 hours a day.

As far as specification goes all of them comes with 2 Gb ram.display(8-10 inch) other than Lenovo miix 3(1920*1200) have 1320 *900. price doesn't matter if its under my budget 350$(may extend to 400).Lenovo miix 3 ranks 1 in my list(slight priority to 2 in 1) but could not justify without any of information between these cpu with real world programs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte