Anyone else still hoping for Surface Mini?

UptownWebhead

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I've been impatiently waiting for the perfect mini tab to replace my Nexus 7 LTE. I think now with Windows 10 on the horizon, it's the perfect time for a Surface Mini. Windows 10 is the OS that the Mini needed back when it was supposed to be released. Maybe Microsoft is ready to unleash the Mini? Idk. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I refuse to let my hope for a Surface Mini die lol.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I am not holding my breath. It's inherently hard for Microsoft to compete in the low end.

If you want a Windows tablet with an active pen, you should look at an Asus VivoTab Note 8" or the Toshiba Encore 2 Write 8".

Both have Wacom digitizers, but the digitizer on the Encore 2 Write 8" is a little bit better.

anon(5466678)

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
i think they need to rethink their decision. The crop of existing windows tablets with active pens are aging. With windows 10 I think a 7" windows mobile tablet with a great pen experience would be welcome. Continuum support of course. The surface pen is pretty damn good but needs to improve on its low pressure levels for drawing/shading purposes. I take most of my notes and sketches down on a little 7" diagonal notepad with a ball point pen. I am no artist but i like to sketch/draw and sometimes to get the shading i want i use some extremely light pressure to just barely transfer any ink. They need to improve this on the surface pen. I have never owned any apple product, but i have to say if they put the pencil in the mini i will probably buy one.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
yes, it is worth to reconsider releasing a smaller sized Surface of 8"-10".

Recently I bought a China-branded 9.7" windows tablet with LTE just for USD 200. To my surprise the experience is wonderful. It is now my daily driver for both work and leisure. Despite the smaller screen size I really enjoy so much for the extra portability - now I use this 9.7" tablet even more frequently than my Surface 3. Unfortunately it is a China brand but not made by Microsoft. I really look forward to a similar device with premium quality made by Microsoft.

Microsoft needs to make a cool device at least for demonstrating how good Windows 10 can be for smaller sized screen. And given the recent release of iPadPro 9.7", such a Mini Surface becomes more relevant to compete with Apple.

People today have get used to small mobile devices. Devices with screen larger than 10" are considered less portable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss