Windows 10 on tablet as FLAC player

Ahzriaz

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Hoping someone know whether the following is possible in windows 10.
I'd like to be able to listen to Spotify, FLAC songs or for example music on Youtube with my tablet AND turn my screen off.

Unfortunately it is (almost) impossible when using a windows 8.1 tablet. I have to use a MUI program to turn the screen off but FLAC playback is not possible on the background and there is no Spotify app.

I have somehow managed using a HDMI out and then closing the tablet (Switch 10) the screen is turned off and music plays.
However this is a ridiculous workaround and I hope windows 10 fixes this.

Any experiences with windows 10?

Thanks!

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Hoping someone know whether the following is possible in windows 10.
I'd like to be able to listen to Spotify, FLAC songs or for example music on Youtube with my tablet AND turn my screen off.

Unfortunately it is (almost) impossible when using a windows 8.1 tablet. I have to use a MUI program to turn the screen off but FLAC playback is not possible on the background and there is no Spotify app.

I have somehow managed using a HDMI out and then closing the tablet (Switch 10) the screen is turned off and music plays.
However this is a ridiculous workaround and I hope windows 10 fixes this.

Any experiences with windows 10?

Thanks!

Regarding a Spotify app. There's SpotLite in the store. There's the desktop application. And there is the Spotify Web Player.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786