URGENT!! USB power surge HELP!!! USB not working anymore!

Billy95Tech

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I recently had a USB power surge on my Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700

And now my USB is no longer working. :/

I have tried unstailling the USB drivers but when it's finishing Unstailling all the USB drivers my Windows 8 tablet always becomes unresponsive and i had to turn off the tablet after by switching the hardware/physical on/off button.

I really really NEED the USB 3.0 working again as i can't transfer my video clips for Youtube or backup my stuff.

So can anyone help me please? I was thinking of factory resetting my tablet again but i can't do it because of the USB not working!! :/

This is the 1st time ever i had a USB power surge..

Last edited:

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I recently had a USB power surge on my Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700

And now my USB is no longer working. :/

I have tried unstailling the USB drivers but when it's finishing Unstailling all the USB drivers my Windows 8 tablet always becomes unresponsive and i had to turn off the tablet after by switching the hardware/physical on/off button.

I really really NEED the USB 3.0 working again as i can't transfer my video clips for Youtube or backup my stuff.

So can anyone help me please? I was thinking of factory resetting my tablet again but i can't do it because of the USB not working!! :/

This is the 1st time ever i had a USB power surge..

Sorry to hear that. If it is indeed a power surge, it may have already fried the hardware. No amount of rebooting or software would repair it. Since you need to back up your data, I suggest you plug in a SD card (not sure if 700 has one, my 500 did) to back up or just use OneDrive. After you've down so, you could either send it in for repair or open it up yourself if you're up to it. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss